Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buster  (Read 1130 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Buster
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2018, 07:00:45 am »

Well, Buster is not working out.  Last week we listed him for sale.  He is an escape artist, and has kicked both me and the trainer....intentionally, not on accident.  He does have a lot of good points, but in my opinion will never make a really good kids horse.  I spent 60 days of training, and he is still not safe for Cadence to ride, outside the arena.

But....stay tuned.  I have already bought a different Curly.  One who is a kids horse at 3.5 years old and 40 days of training.  More to come when I have time to sit down and type.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Cassidy

• S.W. Michigan
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2018, 07:13:22 am »

So sorry Kysa, but I would do exactly what you are doing.  Horses are strong and human bones brake too easily. Children should have fun with their ponies not have to fear them. How lucky you found another Curly that fast.  Does this one gait? Looking forward to your next update!
Chris, S.W. Michigan

Laurie

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 10:47:06 am »

Kysa, I am sorry that Buster did not work out for you...good luck with the new curly!  I know from experience that is it hard to find a trustworthy horse that will take care of a child or novice rider. Once you find one.......they are priceless!

Good Luck with placing Buster and with the new horse :) :) :)

ponymare

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2018, 03:21:30 pm »

I had to come read what was up with Buster!  Cool how you were able to find a replacement so quickly!  And gaited at that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up