Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MD expo cancelled  (Read 237 times)

Walkin45

MD expo cancelled
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:15:09 am »

It was bad when I stopped going in 2007. Harrisburg is still on.

meely3

Re: MD expo cancelled
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:59:58 am »

Last time I went was maybe 20 years ago and theirs seemed better than the one in PA.  But it did seem pretty silly to have 2 so close together in area and time. So maybe this will be a good thing and will make Harrisburg great this year!

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:06:09 am »

The weather is usually so "iffy" during the Harrisburg one.  We've had to skip due to snow once, and then another year saw trailers off the road on 81 on our way home...and all the really good seminars are on Thursday and Friday.  Oh well...maybe I'll take a day off this year instead of going on the weekend.
Karen

luvmysmh

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 09:02:10 am »

I've been to the Harrisburg one a couple of times and loved it.  Went to the Maryland one last year and was very disappointed.  It seemed to have less vendors.  Went through the whole thing in what seemed like no time at all.

Walkin45

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:53:40 am »

And inhink year before last, bad weather and she ( owner of expo) woukdnt refund vendors money and they had to vacate premises in unsafe weather conditions.

Walkin45

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:54:35 am »

How ever . If someone had never been to an expo, I would say go to Harrisburg just to experience an expo.

NoRegrets

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 05:41:59 am »

I saw on facebook that Ivy is doing a demo at Harrisburg.  If it were any other time of year I'd love to go see her.  But PA in February is not promising.
Debbie

kckc

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:44:02 am »

I think one of ivys requirements is an indoor ring
NC

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 08:49:30 am »

I'd love to try the Harrisburg as a vendor -- BUT - that time of year -- its pretty far for me and it takes ALOT of money in vendor fees
hotel rooms and stock to take a chance that time of year ------
Maybe if I lived in the area ----
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

Walkin45

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 09:04:17 am »

PA has a large indoor ring.  And c.audia is right, I bet the vendor fees are astronomical.

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 10:50:31 am »

I looked it up -- the 10X10 booth is $675 -- which is about average-- BUT then you have to consider gas, hotel, meals -- that runs it to over $1000 Mim
Plus--- stock for me would be at least  $3,000 + -  So I've spent at least $4,000 without even getting there --- so if the weather is bad--

So--- expo goers --- please buy from us  -:)

I'm getting a double booth next year at Equine Affaire in Ohio --- come see me  !!!!
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 05:20:35 am »

The Harrisburg expo is a very nice expo but, PA weather being what it is, we don't actually plan to go until the day before if it looks like we can make it across the mountains and back. That weekend seems to bring a major storm to NE PA more often than not. But we go if we can.

Equine Affaire could learn a lesson from this expo on how to schedule breed demos. At Harrisburg, they're all in the big arena, back to back. You can go in with snacks and a drink, relax and watch breed demos and stallion promotions for about 90 minutes. At Equine Affaire, they sandwich them between clinicians and you usually can't get to the ones you want to see. And if you've gone to the work and expense of bringing horses to perform in a breed demo, you will only have an audience if your demo precedes and popular clinician.

What I miss about ALL expos, is seeing LOTS of outstanding horses from a variety of breeds. At Harrisburg, what used to be called "Breeder's Row" is now basically "Rescue Row." Even Equine Affaire has pitiful few horses now.

Glad to see you're expanding your exhibit space at Equine Affaire next year, Claudia!
Pages: [1]   Go Up