Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2017 Official Secret Santa is HERE! ADMIN, Please PIN!  (Read 237 times)

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
2017 Official Secret Santa is HERE! ADMIN, Please PIN!
« on: November 25, 2017, 05:34:36 am »

Guidelines for 2017 Secret Santa:
$25.00 is recommended gift value (not including mailing costs).  Please be sure that you can work this amount into your budget w/o undo strain.  Yes, hand crafted gifts are fine, keeping the recommended gift value in mind (if YOU are the hand crafter, remember that costs of materials are often only a small part of the true value, so it’s not necessary for you to spend $25 just on materials).
In past years, a few Santas have been VERY generous—please be aware that not everyone can afford to exceed the $25 budget, so set your expectations accordingly.   Maybe, just maybe, if you’ve been REALLY good this year, your Secret Santa will be EXTRA generous.

In this thread, please post your “wish list” and/or ideas to help your Secret Santa select a wonderful gift for you.  Include favorite colors, shirt size, favorite scents or foods/flavors as well as likes/dislikes (this is where you should mention if you absolutely cannot tolerate “fragranced candles” or “chocolate”, for example).  If you like, you can also include your horse’s info: name, breed, color, sex, special tack colors, etc. 

If you see one (1) asterisk by your name in the list on my next post in this thread, it means that I have your address OR your wish list.  If you see two (2) asterisks by your name it means that I've received your address AND your wish list!  Thank you!

Please do your best to select a gift that you think your recipient will love, based on the information in your recipient’s “wish list”.

Some of our GHS members have online or mail order (horse-related) businesses and will be pleased to work with you on Secret Santa gifts, so please keep these folks in mind as you do your shopping. 

I need for each participant to PM me (via GHS) the following information:  your “real” name, your GHS Board name, mailing address, and a contact phone number.  I won’t give out your phone number--it is for my reference only.  Also, if you have any “secret” wishes that you only want shared with your Secret Santa, you can email those to me as well.  I’ll send a confirmation reply when I receive your information.

Any questions please ask!  As in past years, I’m asking that you not “request” a specific recipient from the list—when the time comes my dear husband will draw names and we’ll assign folks accordingly.  I’ll only draw names for folks who have sent me the info I requested “above” AND who have posted (or sent me) a wish list by the drawing date.

I’ll keep a running list of the participants in this thread, so if you don’t see your name here, you’re not on my Secret Santa list!  Also, I haven’t finalized the time line, but because “stuff happens” I once again ran later than I like to getting this rolled out, so we won’t have a lot of time for a pre-Christmas reveal date.  When time is closer to reveal, I’ll ask for group consensus on a “window” for reveal and thank you’s, which will happen in a separate thread

Please note:  As in years past please only sign up if you reasonably expect to be able to follow through with selecting and sending a Secret Santa gift to your recipient. It isn’t fair to those who take time to carefully select, purchase and mail gifts if they don’t get one in return. That said, I understand that sometimes “life happens”, so if something totally unthinkable happens that causes you to be unable to purchase and/or send your Secret Santa gift on time, please be sure to notify me IMMEDIATELY so we can discuss an appropriate fix!

Let me know if you have questions!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:46:55 am by loneelk »
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: 2017 Official Secret Santa is HERE!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 05:36:41 am »

2017 Secret Santa participants:
Slamduncan**
kckc**
Topaz**
Raylin**
ClaudiaIN**
(Probably) loneelk (also den mom)**

I know that everyone who's on the list this year also participated in past years, so I SHOULD have your addresses already.  But I was experiencing a major PC glitch last year, so all of that was handwritten last year, and I have NO idea which stack it's in.  So please PM me your mailing info and either post or PM me your wish lists.  I'll leave signup open this weekend, in case there's anyone else interested in playing with us this year. 

If you see one (1) asterisk by your name in the list of participants, it means that I have your address OR your wish list.  If you see two (2) asterisks by your name it means that I've received your address AND your wish list!  Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:04:46 am by loneelk »
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: 2017 Official Secret Santa is HERE! ADMIN, Please PIN!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 12:18:08 pm »

Reminder, Secret Santas, please PM me your contact info ("real" name/GHS handle; address and phone number) AND remember to post or PM me your wish list/special requests. 

Still time for others to sign up--I'll most likely keep signups open 'til end of this week, then draw names and do notifications over the weekend. 

SO PLEASE get your info to me/posted soon.
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
kckc & Raylin--I need your wish list!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 12:26:00 pm »

Please remember to post or send me your wish lists!
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
LAST CALL!!!! 2017 Official Secret Santa is HERE!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 07:13:13 am »

Anyone else interested in 2017 Secret Santa????  Last call!
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
2017 Official Secret Santa is HERE! SIGNUP is CLOSED!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 09:24:19 am »

Secret Santa names have been drawn and momentarily I'll start notifying each Santa of this year's recipient, either via PM and/or email.
I've received wish lists from all recipients, so once you have your name/address/wish list, let the merriment commence! 
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 09:53:02 am »

HO HO HO!!!
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 10:31:45 am »

:)
Everybody who hasn't already been in touch w/ me, please confirm that you've received name, address & wish list!
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
ADMIN--you can unpin!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 10:28:26 am »

Thanks to our 2017 Secret Santas for a wonderful fun event again this year!  Happy 2018 to everyone!!!!
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
ADMIN, Please UN-PIN!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 09:35:11 am »

I'll be asking you to pin our 2018 Secret Santa, so please "un-pin" this thread.  Thank you!
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Pages: [1]   Go Up