Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denim riding jeans/breeches  (Read 278 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Denim riding jeans/breeches
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:42:30 am »

I know I had a thread here about wrangler Q-babies changing their fit a little, and making the waist too big for me.

In the mean time, I discovered Irideon bootcut denim breeches.  AWESOME.  Great fit, for my body anyway, and NO INSIDE SEAM!!!!!  However, as soon as I discovered them, Irideon discontinued the denim breeches.  So, now I am on the hunt for yet another brand of denim pants that look like Western jeans, but have NO inside seam and work great for riding.

Anyone who wants to make suggestions, tell us about your denim riding pants, the features, and where you buy them.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Kalli

Re: Denim riding jeans/breeches
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 05:43:25 pm »

Smoothstride is expensive but check them out.  I just ordered a pair and I really like the cell phone pocket on the thigh.

Ebay can be a good source for discontinued merchandise, especially if the line has only recently been taken off the market.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 08:25:32 am »

Well, after an entire winter of wearing polar tech breeches, I simply cannot abide an inside seam.  I will probably sell all my q-babies this summer.  I wish Irideon still made their denim breeches...best thing ever!  but I will be looking at other brands of denim breeches and would be happy to read any reviews you folks would like to post.

Sometime in the past year I read an article about older women really should give up on jeans.  Maybe they are right.  Maybe 60 is the age to quit wearing jeans.  I do need something that LOOKS like jeans, so denim breeches might be it.  I need to look a little bit western to work in my western tsk store.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

riding the sun

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 09:51:48 am »

"Too old to wear jeans?"  Tell me it ain't so!  Although all I wear for riding are my Fuzzy Logic/ Tolt bootcuts. 
My favorite trail is the next one

TN Trail Rider

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 10:20:52 am »

Never too old to wear jeans.  I just turned 74 and live in the things.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 10:52:59 am »

Hey...I didn't say it, some fashion guru said it.  I didn't even read the article, just the headline.

But I am now too old to wear pants with an inside seam!  Denim breeches, yes.  Denim jeans with an inside seam, no.

And yes Judy, my go to for summer riding is fuzzy logic boot cuts.

candra

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 06:59:34 pm »

Try the Smoothstride.  A little pricey, but customer service is great.  They will send you two pair in different sizes and pay for you to ship back the pair that doesn't fit. Nice looking pants, you can get full seat, knee patch, or plain jeans with no seams.
Candra, East Peoria, Illinois - Shiloh, KMSH

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 04:22:39 am »

I'm going to keep an eye out for these at Equine Affaire.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 05:48:59 am »

I LOVE Kerrit boot cuts.  Wear them all the time. 4 way stretch, come in different materials and colors.
A bit pricy but well worth the money.  I have a couple of pairs that are like 10 years old and they look as good today as they did new.  Feel good too.  jmo
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

candra

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 07:28:20 pm »

Also, Sticky Seat makes a nice boot cut pant. They have a denim blue and are very comfortable. These are my favorite riding pants.
Candra, East Peoria, Illinois - Shiloh, KMSH

vruste

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 10:13:29 am »

http://www.smoothstride.com/

just popped up in one of my facebook groups--someone recommended these & I thought of you, Kysa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up