Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Returning Treeless Saddle  (Read 589 times)

fargos handmaiden

• View Profile
Re: Returning Treeless Saddle
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2017, 06:09:10 pm »

We shipped UPS. BECAUSE that's the way it came. Shipping was $72, rest was insurance. Since we are leaving on a week's trip tomorrow, there was no time to shop it. But I would have thought original shipper would know best route.

oncidium

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 06:29:40 am »

Liberty1  Yes to what you said.  Seen that many times.  Also blisters on the back of the horse too, where the fur was rubbed off. 

A pad is not going to make a saddle fit better.  Princess and the Pea is still in effect.  More padding under a saddle makes the rider top heavy.  Yes, never have found treeless secure as in girthed up to not wiggle side to side and to slide forward or backwards. 

For treeless there is an exception to every rule.  Just like for a treed saddle.  Also there are some horses who can never be fitted to a saddle.  It happens seen it. 

If I ship I ship fed ex overnight or a couple days.  I shipped one from AL to ID for I think about $100 or so, with insurance, and signed receipt.  Took longer due to THEIR weather issues.  Maybe an extra day.  But they got the saddle.  Weighed 22#'s.  One of my two Solstice saddles I parted with.  Have just the one now.

Glad you could ship the saddle back.  Don't need to collect them.  Pricey that way.  And then there is the storage and care of them all.

What is your plan now for a saddle? Sorry it didn't work out. 

O

If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.  Sterling Holloway (best known as the voice of Winnie the Pooh)

You can only change what you will do from this day forward.

We all have flaws and someone will love us in spite of them or because of them.

Kalli

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 10:02:15 am »

Sorry the treeless didn't work out. I absolutely love my Bob Marshall. I use an air flex roper cinch which I think helps keep it from sliding too much. We go up and down hills- I live in Pa after all. 😄 There is some movement sometimes but I never feel like it's going to drastically slip.  And my seat bones never hurt at the end of the ride.

I also love the flatter seat. It's taken me so long to learn what type of saddle works best for me and my aches! Along the way I figured out my gelding is built downhill and I need to compensate with extra shims in the shoulder area to make me level. I bought and sold so many saddles before I realized the combination of things I needed to be comfy.

Last Christmas I bought a Stonewall Saddle. I really like it but can't ride it without using the saddle pad with shoulder shims or my seat bones ache within 30 minutes.  But when I level up my saddle it works for me. I love the flatter seat.  It's the first treed saddle I've gotten that I've kept. And it's light!  Yippee!  Haha

fargos handmaiden

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 12:44:51 pm »

I am at a loss on saddle at this point. Was happy with my Imus till I saw the incredible difference the gel made for Moonshine. Wanting to make my two horse's lives easier got me looking at treeless, mostly to cut a lotto pounds off Fargo's old weakening back and Speedy's little compact body. I can't forget that the Natal Bridle synthetic did eventually make white spots on Fargo's back so a little Leary of continuing to use it on Speedy. But it cuts off a.lotta pounds off his small frame versus the Imus which weighs a ton. As far as my comfort goes, both the Natal Bridle and the Imus are fine for me. It is the horses I am worried about. Afraid to experiment again. Besides the $101 sShipping, I learned I am out of the money for the shims that the guy cut for.Fargo for his special pad. That was another $40 so I am up to $141 loss now.  Think unless something falls into my lap that looks good for them, I will stick with what I got.

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 02:01:56 pm »

Connie, Are Speedy and Fargo shaped the same?
If Yes, then there might be concern for Speedy.  But if they are shaped differently, then the saddle that did not fit Fargo, might be a good fit on Speedy.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

fargos handmaiden

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 04:59:53 pm »

Different shape. Thanks, Kysa, I hope so. Kids

oncidium

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 04:29:21 am »

Current shipping rates are different today.  Be happy they took the saddle back and you don't have to keep it, and start a collection of unused saddles and that the saddle made it there safely. 

I sold a saddle and I was happy to give free shipping.  Hey $100 bucks or so.  I said free shipping in my ad too, and it sold fast.   I was sad to sell the saddle, a Solstice, but I had a new one, and it was just sitting in my dining room.  I carefully packed the saddle, greased it within an inch of it's life and wrapped it in plastic and took to fed ex, and due to the weather in ID it was a bit delayed.  I had them sign for it.  Everybody happy.  Better to do free shipping that way there is no, what is your zip code, how much does the box weigh, etc.  Add a little bit to your price, and be done with it. 

I bought a custom Synergist years ago, 2002 (yeah I have grey hair now too).  Worst saddle ever!  It bruised my seat bones and it took a couple months to heal them, and I did keep riding but in a different saddle.  That bruising happened in an hour of riding.  I sent it back pronto, and worried every second until I got notification that they got it, and I got reimbursed on my credit card.  If I could have driven to the place to return I would have, but it was days away driving.  I am happy to have gotten most all my money back.  It would have been impossible to sell if at all.  I learned my lesson.  It was stoopid tax.  Lesson learned.

Regroup, and get looking for another saddle.  Saddle has to fit both horse and rider.  But you know that.  Once you get it right you will know it.

O

The road to success is always under construction.

If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there.  Sterling Holloway (best known as the voice of Winnie the Pooh)

It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks.

But you CAN do it.  You can do it.  I know.  I just know.

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 01:03:50 pm »

I would hate to tell you how many saddles we have bought and sold trying to find the right fit. Loretta tried SEVEN saddles before hitting on the one she loves for her MFT! And, paying a big price is no guarantee the saddle will work. I spent a lot of money having a popular saddle-maker in Minnesota make a custom saddle for Star, only to discover within a year of riding in said saddle that I had severely strained my right meniscus. I was in pain for a year and out a bunch of money getting my knee right and it wasn't until I finally gave in and sold that "perfect" saddle that I rode in comfort again. I have now received my Steele saddle and it rides as well as the demo I tried. I'm satisfied. I also ride in the model Arizona Barefoot Treeless Saddle and find it works very well for Bandit. We ride in steep hills and rocky terrain. Probably have as much invested in pads as some folks spend on saddles, though. Just a crap shoot. Now that I have two saddles I really like, should I need to look for another horse, the horse is going to have to fit one of those saddles! LOL!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 01:40:17 pm »

And this is the backbone of my business!

Brick and mortar stores struggle to compete with the internet.  But I offer saddle fitting, indeed we can try on anything from the store.  I often get people in for a saddle fitting that have bought 1-4 saddles off the internet that did not fit or work for them.  If they had come to me first, they could have saved a lot of money, and they do say that to friends.

So, they come to my covered riding arena, we can try every saddle they already have, or any from my store.  And also match that with various pads and get everything working right.

I wish I could help you, Connie, but I am just too far away, and not planning a trip to Texas this year.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

jujubee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 04:11:09 pm »

i loved my torsion western style   dont ;know if they still make them  i got mine used   i used it on up and down hills it neverslipped   my horse tho has a really nice saddle sweet spot
i keeep it because i use if for guests who  might mary a bit n seat size
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up