Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Formahoof  (Read 172 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Formahoof
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »

http://www.formahoof.com/equimold/

I am not sure I understand, but wanted to post this and start a conversation.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

NoBite

• Administrator
Re: Formahoof
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 06:17:15 am »

How did you hear about these folks, Kysa? This is interesting, of course! Seems like it is just out in the marketplace. Their stated goal is not only to rehabilitate injured horses, but to eventually replace horseshoes for regular use. Quite interested to see the durability, traction and general serviceability of this method in natural terrain, i.e. off the track. As the Sharks in Shark Tank might say, it's not yet a proven concept. What are your sales?
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

kckc

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 06:28:28 am »

so that's pretty neat.   I really thought when I watched the video that it was a mostly a "healing" "horse is in a stall" product but then I saw the racing mold.   That sounds like they are trying to take the place of shoes?   Not exactly sure how I feel about the entire hoof frog area being encapsulated
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 06:42:19 am »

John, it zipped by me as an ad.  I NEVER pay attention to ads. But I paid enough attention to go to their website.  Yeah, I have questions, too.  The company is located in Dubai.  But a lot of racing thoroughbreds are owned out of Dubai.  I just don't know what I think, but I am willing to keep an eye on this.  And yes, durability would be a big one, and also, having the frog enclosed.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 07:13:06 am »

I bookmarked their site for periodic reference. Wondering how flexible the material is that covers the frog area. I would imagine it would be quite flexible. But, then, how durable is the material that covers the hoof wall? This is very interesting. Allowing the hoof wall to contract and expand naturally and the frog to compress and expand naturally while protecting from rock bruises while providing adequate traction while being durable when traveling over rough terrain... really a lot of conflicting priorities it seems.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 11:21:17 am »

Yep.  But, if this truly became practical, I could this just prior to a long riding vacation, have hoof protection, traction, and remove it myself when I got home.  I have a feeling there is a learning curve to do it right, but I would be willing to go through that learning curve.

kckc

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 12:31:05 pm »

the mold on the hoof is what makes this easier I think
NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up