Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fargo Just Got Vet's OK for Riding. Whew!! But Questions.  (Read 60 times)

fargos handmaiden

• View Profile
Fargo Just Got Vet's OK for Riding. Whew!! But Questions.
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:18:37 pm »

OK That weight off my shoulders. But still not.satisfied I can't do more for my old buddy of 23.5 years old. I read and see vids where supposedly people have reversed lordosis with the tummy tickles and rump scratches. I cannot get my old boy to respond and lift his back when I do this. Vet did not.think much of those techniques and says he is just getting older and back weaker. After being able to r a verse my own arthritis and some other health issues and his with natural means, just not ready to admit defeat. Has anyone here had good luck or any luck reversing lordosis or kissing spine or old horse sway? If so, how? Please share info.

He said product "Bone Care" would keep it from getting worse. But he did not have it in stock yet. Does anyone know where to get it? Anyone sold on this product?

The lump on his back further down, he said has always been there but I sure never noticed before. Fargo did not react.this.time at all. He said if my saddle hits there it could make it temporarily sore. He recommended.a.tbick felt pad.with a hole cut out there. He had no problem using a treeless on him provided I still used the thick pax with the hole.  I feel like I am just masking a problem.

kckc

• View Profile
Re: Fargo Just Got Vet's OK for Riding. Whew!! But Questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:48:14 pm »

for the stomach exercises - if he won't kick you, stand behind him and pull his tail - you'll see him lift.   they don't like it often but you can see it to recognize it later.  use a hoof pick and run it from between his front legs back along his stomach, firm but not hard.  That generally gets some lift.   Other method that works is to get a treat, hold it below his knee level where he has to put his head down and then make him back up to get the treat.  After you get this working, do this backing him up a slight incline.  really helps.  There are a couple of other things I'll have to figure out how to word.
NC

fargos handmaiden

• View Profile
Re: Fargo Just Got Vet's OK for Riding. Whew!! But Questions.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 04:09:53 pm »

Thanks, KCKC.  Really appreciate it.  Yes, when you think of those exercises or how to word them, please post them. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up