Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Helmet fit 2017  (Read 172 times)

LadyAndMinerva

Helmet fit 2017
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:27:07 am »

The last thread I could find on helmet fit for different shapes was from 2014.  I just wondered if Tipperary is still the only that will fit long oval shapes.
Easing my way into easy gaits one day at a time.

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Helmet fit 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 11:01:35 am »

I would say yes for the really oval.
But ovation is fitting the mostly oval.  And I also would say, try on as many as you can.  Troxel used to be for round only, but some of their newer models are more accommodating to the slightly oval shape.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

LadyAndMinerva

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 11:30:02 am »

Thanks.  Our family seems to boarder on the rectangle shape.   :P  I've been to three stores and only found Troxel to try on so far.  They've all been much too round for me.  I've got until spring at this point, so I'll try to get further afield to try some more on.
Easing my way into easy gaits one day at a time.

abbypeaches

• A hunk of meat and two potatoes!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 05:21:14 am »

Crestview Tack store at the Ingham County Fairgrounds in Mason carries Tipperary helmets(and other brands too). I bought one there recently for my oval-headed daughter. Steve(owner) will be having a black Friday sale this month!

Marilyn

Marilyn and
 Bud, 31yo reg. MFT gelding & Midnight Rendezvous (Kate) 2 yo MFT  mare.

Riderkat

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 08:26:13 am »

Ovation is fine for long ovals, I have one and a OneK defender that I ADORE- it was pricey but it's my show helmet, too. I cannot wear a Troxel for 2 seconds, they kill me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up