Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Equine Affaire - W. Springfield MA Nov 9 - 12, 2017  (Read 268 times)

MyBoyG

Equine Affaire - W. Springfield MA Nov 9 - 12, 2017
« on: October 15, 2017, 05:40:05 pm »

I'm very excited to say that G and I have been selected to ride in all three of Liz Graves clinic sessions at Equine Affaire next month!  We did this in 2011 and had a blast, so I'm really looking forward to working with Liz again, she really is the best.  If you're coming to EA, stop by and say hello!! 

Thursday 11/9 - 5:15 pm - Young Arena: 5 Essential Elements of Easy Gaited Horsemanship
Friday 11/10 - 11:15 am - Young Arena: Learning to Ride the Easy Gaited Horse from top down
Friday 11/10 - 5:45 pm - Mallary Arena:  Rating the Easy Gaited Horse through Upward and Downward transitions

The coolest part is I'll be riding G in a Bosal.  We've only picked it back up again recently and taking lessons with our barn owner to get ready.  I'm going to take our mechanical short shank hackamore just in case, but G has been doing great the past few lessons.  Liz wants to showcase a gaited horse that gaits with non traditional headgear.  This should be a ton of fun, and I know I'll learn a lot, as Liz is a pro with the Bosal.

Horsemanship, the wonderful never ending journey of learning!   Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Equine Affaire - W. Springfield MA Nov 9 - 12, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:02:08 pm »

Have a blast!!!!
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

GloriousJourney

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 08:46:09 am »

Awesome, Kate!! I look forward to seeing you there!!
Lesley in Jupiter

MyBoyG

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 05:29:04 pm »

It will be great to see you again Lesley!

Horsemanship, the wonderful never ending journey of learning!   Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 06:29:56 am »

Mountain View Training Center will  be there Thursday thru Sunday.  I'm not sure when the Fresians in Pink will be riding but they are supposed to do 2 rides.

If any of you are there and find them say hello and meet Dan and his wonderful horses including Fromka, the mare I drove last weekend.  I am not going this year.

MyBoyG

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 08:38:17 am »

Judy, I just checked the exhibitor schedule for breed demos - Friesians are listed for Friday at 2:30 and then Friesians FPZV USA are listed on Thursday at 4:45 with Easy Gaited Horses and Friday at 5:30 alone. 

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 04:24:03 pm »

Thanks Kate, as I said I am not going, but wish you all the best.  The Fresians in Pink team ride is really something to see I hope you get to see it.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 06:59:22 pm »

Freians from Mountain View will be riding in pink Fri, Sat and Sun.  They will be in the breed Demo and Dan will spend time in the booth.

If you get a chance say hello and tell him I told you.  lol
I wish I was going.

MyBoyG

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:15:44 pm »

Judi,

We saw them coming back from their performance, we missed it :(

And I got to pretend to ride a fantasy horse :)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 05:21:01 am »

How was your clinic rides??  Any time you want to ride a Fresian, I can set it up for you  lol.
The barn is under an hour from you  hee hee 4

MyBoyG

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 04:54:46 pm »

Judi, all the clinics were awesome.  I really learned a lot on using the Bosal properly from Liz.  This time we needed more work, so it was well worth the money and effort to participate.  I just wish it hadn't gotten so dang cold Friday, it was a rude awakening.  Luckily, we were heading home right after the last clinic :)

Hmmm, some day I might take you up on it, but I haven't ridden a trotting horse in over 13 years.  Not sure I could post on the right diagonal :)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 05:43:13 pm »

LOL  But aren't you up for a ride on a Fresian??  You can do it.   Believe me if I can do it you can.
Seriously, if you ever want to let me know I'll set it up with Danny for you..

It can get really cold and miserable on those grounds even in the summertime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up