Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In search of: horse movies  (Read 437 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
In search of: horse movies
« on: September 29, 2017, 08:48:42 am »

My Two year granddaughter is having a tough transition being the only kid at grandmas.  Her older 5 siblings are all in school.  Horse movies seem to help.

I would love to have an G or pg rated movie about horses.  DVD or VHS.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Kalli

Re: In search of: horse movies
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 05:18:59 pm »

Does it need to be animated? 

If not, do you already have The Wild Stallion?  The girl from iCarly is main character.  She goes to photograph wild horses and stumbles upon a plot to rid the area of the horses.  Rated G. Connie Sellecca is also in it.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »

Actually, real horses and characters are preferred, although animated is okay, also.  I have Flicka, Horse Crazy 2, the derby stallion, Nico the unicorn, and something I cannot remember the name of.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

gallatingal

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 09:50:59 am »

I love the movie Casey's Shadow. It is PG. 
Life is short, buy the pony!

gallatingal

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 09:52:11 am »

I have the black stallion.. Always a favorite. I could send it to you.

gallatingal

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 09:56:28 am »

You can rent most of them on line now cheap.. National Velvet, International velvet, Sylvester

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 10:31:16 am »

You would be assuming some sort of movie account, which I do not have, nor a way to get that into my house. 

kckc

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 11:45:00 am »

our library rents out movie cd & vhs with a kids section - do you have a library close?  she might enjoy looking and choosing movies
NC

Laurie

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:04:45 am »

Just an idea.....but you could join Netflix.  Its pretty cheap, and there are TONS of horse movies on there. There is even a category of movies about horses for kids ages 5-7.

I subscribed to it a few years ago to watch "Longmire", and have searched for and watched several horse movies myself ;D

Also, the best thing is that you can watch on a computer, laptop, ipad or "smart tv".  In fact, I just logged on with this laptop and checked to see what kind of horse movies they had for children. If you don't want to fool with the tv part......you can just watch on a computer with internet access.  To watch on a TV you have to either have a smart tv, or be able to make your tv a smart tv by installing a card like a firestick that allows your tv to access the Internet.

They used to have a deal where you could try it a month for free....again, just a thought :)

cruisinlight

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 08:10:25 am »

https://www.giddyupflix.com/category.php?id=17&si=30&li=10

What about GiddyUpFlix? It's $9.95 a month--looking over the Entertainment/Documentaries categories, I see some things I would enjoy watching.

Also, I used to own a video called Summer of the Colt that I really liked. You can find it on eBay for a decent price. It's about 3 kids visiting their grandfather's hacienda in Argentina, so it's somewhat exotic. Lots of horses, filmed in English. Sorry I don't have this anymore, I would have been glad to send it.

I do have Hidalgo, but I don't remember if it's appropriate for a small child. I'll be glad to send it to you if you want.

I live in an area with a lot of Goodwill stores--you can usually find things like My Friend Flicka, other horse videos. I would be glad to look for some for you.

G84me

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 01:57:57 pm »

Kysa, I ended up with two copies of the Disney movie, THE HORSE WITH THE FLYING TAIL. If you want it, LMK and send me your address.  I have a bunch of kid-friendly videos in clamshells also. 

Joann
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:06:25 pm by G84me »
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 02:12:48 pm »

Absolutely!

GloriousJourney

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 07:16:22 am »

Disney had great things on when I was a kid...on the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday evening. Things like..."Justin Morgan Had a Horse", and the story of Patton saving the Lippizans, and many others. Great horse stories. Wonder how you can access them now?
Lesley in Jupiter

Raylin

• "If you only knew what your horses thought of you!"
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 04:24:57 pm »

Two Bits & Pepper
Pages: [1]   Go Up