Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palomino Mare Available in Canada  (Read 222 times)

Mona

• The Money Pit Ranch
Palomino Mare Available in Canada
« on: September 25, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »

Let me first make this clear that I am not "dissing" any interested US persons.  I'd be happy to sell to anyone, it's just that there is no local accredited veterinarian to do the inspection upon export to the US.  They come from Central MN and charge $132/hr plus fees and they figure 8 hours there and back time, unless they can split call with another person. It is just not feasible to most to endure that additional expense. You'd be looking at pretty dang close to an additional $1000, FYI.

We bought this mare early this Spring but due to hip replacement and then some long term personal issues with a family member I had to attend to for six weeks in another province, we did not ride this mare (Izzy) for the first time until August 31. Before we even rode her, we purchased another mare, and since Izzy was the last one to come, she's the one we will be parting with.

She is a beautiful dappled golden palomino. She was sold to me as 15h but measures in at around 14.1 barefoot. This being said however, she is a very substantial mare and my husband and myself are both 5'8" and over 200 lbs and we did not feel, nor look too big for her.

She's been low guy on the totem pole since her arrival her, until just recently when the new horse came.  She is now taking the lead over that horse, so for now at least, she ranks 3rd in the herd of 4 mares.

She would do best with a patient, confident advanced beginner on up. She does seem to draw her confidence from her rider.  She will leave the farm and other horses, but she will (lightly) test rider before moving along 100% willingly. She is a very well gaited horses when relaxed and under saddle with someone that knows how to keep her set in her gear when she hits it. She came to us from Kentucky so had miles and miles of trail miles under her belt. She is grade and said to be 9 years old. I think she may be a little older than that, but wouldn't think older that 10-12.(going only on teeth which can be hit and miss)

Asking $2800.00 for her, but am open to reasonable offers.  I have far more than that into her purchase and shipping.

This link includes the sale video I purchased her from as well as a few short pieces from us.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjSK_MaDG1E&list=PLhvNmBoL9ygLzgm7ETRE9MifpG23iTB3d

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:23:59 pm by Mona »
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare
"Ruby" - Bay Pinto KMH Mare

Slades housekeeper

Re: Palomino Mare Available in Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:59 pm »

What gaits does she do?  I have a friend who loves her gaited horses and mules.

Mona

• The Money Pit Ranch
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:20:45 pm »

Slades housekeeper, there is a link to a video in the write-up that shows her gait.
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare

Slades housekeeper

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:47:56 am »

Unfortunately, I am not versed enough to tell the different gaits apart on video.  Unless it's a fox trot.  I can't tell the run walk, step pace, saddle rack....they all look alike to me  :P

Mona

• The Money Pit Ranch
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:03:17 pm »

Well, when they guy that knew how to ride properly was riding her in the video, she had a wonderful singlefooting gait. (known as a rack...a nice, smooth 4 beat gait. In the video I did, she was pacey at times as hubby doesn;t know how to get/keep them in gait.  Just kind of gets up there and gets the horse to move forward or stop.
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare

Pages: [1]   Go Up