Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acupuncture and chiro  (Read 171 times)

Kalli

Acupuncture and chiro
« on: September 17, 2017, 02:43:48 pm »

Snuff came off Lyme meds and was still sore. Stumbled on front often , esp going downhill. Had equine chiro come. She did acupuncture on the points where he was sore and also injected vitamin B12 in through each needle. Then did chiro adjustments. Very interesting to watch.

My gelding doesn't have the best conformation.  (Knew this when I bought him but I was so impressed with his great mind and he was only 3!).  He tends to be heavier on front and I believe that's where the struggle comes from with regard to him not holding a 4 beat. We've been working on this all summer and he's smoother than he was, goes in and out of 4 beat but more stepping pace when he goes out - before it was always a pace with no 4 beat at all.  Then Lyme stymied his progress. Hopefully we can get that going again.

My total bill for acupuncture and chiro + farm call was $175.  Yes a lot of $.  Hopefully it has helped him. I'd pretty much drain my savings for this boy if that's what it would take to get him well again. 😉

kckc

Re: Acupuncture and chiro
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 04:31:09 pm »

friends of mine had the pulse therapy and said they physically watched their mare relax.  Husband said he was a definite non-believer until it was demoed on him then he watched their mare.   not cheap but still waiting on their update on how long the relief lasted
NC

coolpapabill

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:05:18 am »

Our Vet is also a licensed Equine Chiropractor and Acupuncturist .
We have our horses adjusted twice a year , and it does wonders.
Sometimes they need nothing others they are out in two three
places. Always a much better and smoother ride after treatment.
Have had the acupuncture done once each on two different horses.
Helped both the tremendously. The B12 is the stimulant that is
injected in place of leaving the needles in. Stimulates the muscles
for a few days.

meely3

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:51:18 am »

I've had both done to my horse and although he loved the acupuncture, it didn't do anything for him. And the Chiro took him from a little sore to just about dead lame over the course of a few weeks. I'm hoping it works out a little better for you. The price wasn't bad though, I think just acupuncture was $150 plus the farm call.

Slades housekeeper

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »

While I've never had acupuncture done on any of my horse, I have used chiropractors on several of them, and have noticed a difference.  Usually, the first time they were done, they were out all over the place...talk about a hot mess!  Readjusted a month or two later, then 6 months again.

misstux

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 03:15:11 pm »

I have had 3 of my horses chiro'd.  had it help when my horse was being bratty with me and fell.  He instantly locked up and didn't improve until we tried chiro.  Had it do not much at all.  Got a bad adjustment and had my horse lame for months until the vet did an ultrasound guided injection.  Strider is still occasionally adjusted, but with a different doc than who damaged him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up