Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HayBale is for sale  (Read 409 times)

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
HayBale is for sale
« on: September 07, 2017, 07:33:27 am »

HayBale is an 11 yr old grade TWH that stands around 14 or 14.1h.  He's strawberry roan with high stockings and a wide blaze.  He seems to grow no forelock at all, but his mane is growing back in where it he rubbed it off (or it was chewed off).  He is SUPER well gaited, is a perfect gentleman for tacking up, stands for mounting, loads super easy, neck reins, ties forever, stakes out, ground ties, leads, follows, is happy to gait or mosey along, is good for the farrier and vet and has awesome feet.  He canters, but will "crossfire" on occasion.  80% of the time his transitions are perfect, so I think with enough riding/working on becoming a team, it'd go to 100%.  He goes in a regular medium port walking horse bit.  He will split off from a group to ride out alone, although it can take some coaxing.  I don't think this pony has EVER spooked on me. 

He had his teeth floated a couple weeks ago, and got his shots and coggins drawn at the same time.  He'd been barefoot for years when I bought him, and his feet held up great in our rocky paddock (never so much as a chip), but because we live on a pile of rocks, I put front shoes on him 2 months ago.  With softer footings, he wouldn't need them.

He's an in your pocket kind of horse.  Easy to catch, and comes to visit you if you're in the pasture.  I bought him from a pro field trial trainer back in December, brought him home, turned him out, and didn't touch him again  until the end of March, and just jumped on him and rode him.  No lunging, no ace, no fuss.  He seems to be the same horse every single time you tack him up, regardless of how long he's been turned out. 

He's not the kind of horse I'd put a rank beginner on though.  He's super well behaved and lots of fun for someone who knows a little about riding, but I could see him trying to take advantage of a newbie.

And when I say super well gaited, I mean there is absolutely no trot or pace in his gait.   I really really like this pony, and if I had pasture, he wouldn't be leaving.   

We are located in Northeast PA. 

Haybale1 by Karen Schramm, on Flickr

Haybale by Karen Schramm, on Flickr
Karen

capecupcake

• Horses are my sanity
Re: HayBale is for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:25:59 am »

He is super cute and if I were in the market, he sounds like he would be perfect for me. I thought you bought him for field trials? Why are you selling him?

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:26:40 am »

I did buy him to field trial, and he's GREAT at it!  But I bought him when I thought Encore was sold (he was out on a 30 day trial with someone who rode him all over Nebraska for a week)...and then Encore came back, and I just don't have the time to ride 3 horses, nor can I justify keeping all 3 JUST for me, and HayBale will be the easier horse to sell.  It just kills me....but at some point you have to say enough is enough.
Karen

Walkin45

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 11:23:53 am »

Hope he finds a great home.

capecupcake

• Horses are my sanity
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 02:58:09 pm »

He sounds like a great horse, so you should have no problem selling him. I wish I could have 2, I love the short ones. Trace is over 15h and still growing. I know that sounds like a good height, but I am short and with my health not being what it once was, it can be a struggle to get on him if I don't have something to stand on.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 04:52:33 pm »

I have seen this little horse go at a field trial this Spring, he is a great little horse that just does his job.
Someone will be getting even more than Karen is telling here.
IF I could have another one and I couldn't talk her out of Encore this would be one I would seriously look at. ALL Karen's horses are wonderful.  JMO
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

MMLaurie

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 08:45:12 am »

Hi may I inquire as to price and exactly where are you located. I am in Canada. Looking for quiet gaited horse for my DIL and eventually grandkids once they are older.
Laurie from the north. Canada eh!
Saskatchewan.

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:11 am »

We are located in Tannersville, PA
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:45:28 am by Karen »
Karen

MMLaurie

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 03:18:33 pm »

sigh...only 36 hours away. Guess it was a long shot.
Saskatchewan.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 04:16:01 pm »

BUT....you could come to SD, visit your brother and sister in law, and me, and then it is only 20 hours away.  And I would put your new horse up for a few days before you start back to Canada!
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 04:24:47 pm »

Hey Kysa, that sounds like a REALLY great plan to me.  Just saying.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

MMLaurie

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 08:52:38 pm »

lol Kysa. I did think of you when i inquired about Haybale....but life is too complicated to figure things out and then i did the math US$ to Can and decided was not meant to be.
Saskatchewan.

Walkin45

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:27:56 am »

Is he beginner safe.  Would be boarded and have a trainer on site. Very petite woman is looking.

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 06:44:06 pm »

I wouldn't say beginner safe.  He likes to move out, and he will give you attitude (nothing dangerous...just head tossing and a bit of dancing) if you don't give him consistent signals.

I had a total beginner on him this past Friday, and he was good for him, but then acted up Saturday when I rode him.  I lunged him for 5 minutes, and voila...he was a perfect gentleman. 
Karen
Pages: [1]   Go Up