Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone Use the Beyondtack.com Ground Tie System?  (Read 224 times)

fargos handmaiden

Anyone Use the Beyondtack.com Ground Tie System?
« on: September 04, 2017, 06:57:55 pm »

KCKC recommended looking into this for Speedy Gonzales, my little trouble maker. Watched the videos.  Loved it.  Would have allowed the horses to take great advantage of that man's green meadow this weekend instead of having to gaze out at his "candy store" from their dry-lot pen with only hay to eat.   If so, how do you like the system.  Will it handle your "bad boy" horses as well?

Will those stakes really stay in the ground with a rambunctious horse or hold him when he is left alone?  Not every campground we go to will have the pens I fear.  Thanks.

kckc

Re: Anyone Use the Beyondtack.com Ground Tie System?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 09:40:25 pm »

I know a lot of dog trial people ground tie/stake out  = I haven't tried with my horse but I liked that it appeared this system seemed like it couldn't  wrap a leg.               
NC

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 05:41:56 am »

I've seen ground tie systems in use, but I don't think that any temporary system is totally safe to contain a horse that isn't at least somewhat at ease when left alone. 
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 07:06:20 am »

I've seen ground tie systems in use, but I don't think that any temporary system is totally safe to contain a horse that isn't at least somewhat at ease when left alone.

Agree with this 100%.  I don't know if you have access to round pen panels. I have seen folks fasten 4 such panels to the side of their horse trailer to haul the panels with them and then set up a simple panel stall. That is about as secure as you can get --- if you can find a way to haul them with you. Some stock trailers seem to have enough room on the passenger side to do this.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

pasolucy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 10:34:52 am »

Yes we have used this with our horses.   I prefer not to have it attached to the halter as it makes it hard for the horse to eat out of a tub without spilling and it is easier for them to step on the snap.   We have used it on the front foot and also with a neck strap.  It will stay in very well, is easy to put in and easy to take out. 
Live, Live, Live, life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death

Willamette Valley, Oregon

fargos handmaiden

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 12:40:49 am »

Good to know. Thanks. We have the neck straps.now but unfortunately those really make my ADHD kid Speedy go crazy
 We wound up buying some collapsable steel panels second hand. Custom built a little thicker than norm. First time he did move them 6 onches but then seemed to accept. But that was at home with other horses not that far away. We are taking other two horses on short.ride tomorrow and will.test hom in panels here alone
 Wish us luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up