Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok I've just done something incredibly crazy...  (Read 1050 times)

Cashela

Ok I've just done something incredibly crazy...
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:39:35 am »

Ok I've just done something incredibly crazy.  I went out and bought a used 2007 weekender trailer...I don't know what I was thinking...Well I do know what I was thinking, I had just spent a week camping out in a field in my Exiss GN trailer with all my friends who have fancy LQ trailers and I was tired of shower hopping.  I found the weekender online and it was only two hours away.  A friend went and looked at it for me and told me it was in amazing condition and I should consider it even though it was crazy to do.  It's a beautiful little two horse Merhow.  It honestly looks like it has barely been used.  I'm having some buyers remorse because I feel like I shouldn't have bought it and have another payment when I struggle as it is, but you only live once and I don't have any kids, etc...

I think it's also crazy because I have been wishy washy about riding and in a slump.  I can however use it for regular camping as well. 

So I really have to sell my other trailer, I've listed it here, craigslist and on several FB pages.  Any other suggestions??
Jenn-New Hampshire

Walkin45

Re: Ok I've just done something incredibly crazy...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 12:12:43 pm »

Horse trailer world.com
Hope you get to use your new trailer some.

Cashela

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 12:59:10 pm »

Thanks I'll post it there too. 
Jenn-New Hampshire

oncidium

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:10:44 pm »

I hate buyers remorse.  And, consequentially, I hate sellers remorse too.  I have had both, and currently have the latter of the two very badly.  But, that is another thread and story. 

Can you not keep both?  Is one larger than the other?  Is it small enough to haul for day rides and the such? 

Those people with those big fancy LQ's (I am not one of them btw) have two trailers.  A run around town and local trailer, then their big giant trailer.  Which generally needs a giant truck to tow safely. 

I am on a FB page. And they sell horse trailers only, no dealers.  He is real big on that btw.      I know.You are not a dealer.  So post!

It is called:  Horse Trailers For Sale or Trade. 

O

Hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit.  I think.  Or maybe I am like a dangling chad?

Cashela

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 01:49:48 pm »

I can't keep both.  The new to me trailer is actually smaller lengthwise. 
Jenn-New Hampshire

kckc

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 03:04:31 pm »

Congratulations to you !!  Sounds like you wanted it, it will spark more desire to ride and enjoy your life .... I'm happy for you
NC

Kalli

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 08:50:01 pm »

Go ride and camp and have fun!  Wish I had a truck that could haul an LQ trailer. 

You can always sell it down the road.  Enjoy now. 😊

Little Freckles

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 01:07:40 am »

make a flyer with pics/info (clean the trailer out well so it looks ready to roll) and post them in your local feed store, tack store, local fair grounds show barns, any place that allows you to tack up an ad.  Maybe give one to your farrier-they always have leads on who is looking to buy.  Enjoy your trailer and use it- life is short, enjoy it while you can.
Susan, close to Springfield, IL

riding the sun

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 04:52:19 pm »

Good for you!  It sounds perfect!
My favorite trail is the next one

Opal

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 03:30:01 am »

I know exactly what you mean!  I had a little 2 horse gooseneck stock trailer, it had a small dressing room I fixed up a little to sleep in.  I was (I thought) quite comfortable and happy.  Then my friend bought a new trailer, and she kept insisting that I buy her old trailer.  I kept saying NO (just like Nancy Reagan told us too!!) but my friend was insistent that I get this trailer.  I am one of the cheapest people alive.  Seriously.  Like, don't ever get used clothes from me, I have already worn them to the point PAST where they can be used for rags lol.  But, my friend kept bugging me about it.  I told her to sell the trailer, I didn't want to spend the money.  She kept saying she'd give me a good deal.  I kept refusing.  This went on from November of 2016 to April 2017, when I finally gave in and went and looked at it (I'd seen it before, but never LOOKED).  The whole time, she never advertised that trailer!  I asked her multiple times why she didn't put an ad up, I knew it would sell fast.  She kept saying because she wanted me to have it (hence why I finally gave in and went to see it).  Of course I bought it lol.  And I gotta tell ya, I am SO SO SO happy I did!  She even let me pay her in installments, I gave her $2000 up front and paid it off within 2 months.  I struggled mentally those 2 months going "oh crap oh crap oh crap" but I am completely, totally IN LOVE with my trailer!  Its older but has everything I ever wanted in it, and the few little things I didn't like I am slowly changing around.

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE.  Let the guilt go, enjoy it!  The other trailer will sell!

(By the way.. I also recently sold my colt, bought a horse I've never seen along with a new saddle.  I'm about to have a heart attack!)

caglover

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 04:22:05 am »

We all have horses...so we all are crazy anyway!  You wanted it..you bought it!  Great for you!

Cashela

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 06:34:28 am »

Great story Opal.
Jenn-New Hampshire

ponymare

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 12:34:33 pm »

We use ours for camping with and without the horses. I love mine and really don't have any remorse about buying it. Just wish I'd win the lottery lol! 

I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out of yours, too!  Let the fun begin!

Cashela

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2017, 11:40:43 am »

I wish I could figure out how to have hot water and make the pump work for when camping in a field!  LOL.  I admit, I'm in love with it.  I just really need my other trailer to sell.
Jenn-New Hampshire

Little Freckles

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 10:44:18 am »

if it is all electric, you will need one of those small generators - like a Honda- to run stuff in a field.  They are pricey, but if you use them several times a yr for "primitive" camp areas or if the campground has a power outage, they are very worth it.  My hot water is propane heated and my pump and interior lights will run off the batteries  on the trailer-but they do drain the batteries pretty fast if used a lot.  I don't use my trailer enough to justify keeping it anymore-it has seen "tack room only" use for the past 3 yrs as it sits in my barn.  But a part of me hates to sell it because it is a nice little trailer and it is almost paid for  :P
Susan, close to Springfield, IL
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up