Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Can't find a few things  (Read 19 times)

G84me

• View Profile
Re: Can't find a few things
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:55:11 am »

Hey John,

I STILL am not the brightest star in the sky and this new board is making me feel even worse.. :-[ but messing with it most of the day has helped immensely:  #1 has gone away; #2 and #3 you gave me or posted an explanation TKU!

NOW I'M GOING TO TRY TO POST A PICTURE...

1.  How do I stay logged in (as in the Old Board) for multiple sessions...as in going to another website then coming back to GHS...every time it says welcome guest and I have to log in AGAIN.

2.  In the profile section of my account settings, my password is still coming up in black dots up as my PW from the OLD board, which is no longer valid.  I have to change it up there than go down to the two blank password sections, then type in my new PW; all this before I can make any changes to the profile.  Can you get it fixed so it comes up correctly in the black dots.

3.  How do I start a new thread?  The OLD board used to have a link just above the post....
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:30:06 pm by G84me »
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

Walkin45

• View Profile
Re: Re: Can't find a few things
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:45:36 pm »

Finally got the pic to show up but the thing is sideways.  Wtf.

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:49:16 pm »

Hey John,
I am not the brightest star in the sky and this new board is making me feel even worse.. :-[

1.  How do I stay logged in (as in the Old Board) for multiple sessions...as in going to another website then coming back to GHS...every time it says welcome guest and I have to log in AGAIN.

Well, I wish I knew, because I am facing the exact same thing. I don't find the button to click to stay logged in. And I never log out when I leave; I just leave. When I find this answer, we both will be happy!

2.  In the profile section of my account settings, my password is still coming up in black dots up as my PW from the OLD board, which is no longer valid.  I have to change it up there than go down to the two blank password sections, then type in my new PW; all this before I can make any changes to the profile.  Can you get it fixed so it comes up correctly in the black dots.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is actually a safety net so that someone else doesn't hack your profile. Mine does the same thing. Hopefully, once you get things set up the way you want, after experimenting a bit, you won't need to change your profile regularly and this won't be a nagging issue.

3.  How do I start a new thread?  The OLD board used to have a link just above the post....

Whew! This one is easier! Every forum has a menu bar at the top. (See my attached picture for an example.) This menu bar has New Topic, New Poll, Notify, Mark Read.  Select New Topic. There you go, a new thread. Just different wording than the other board, but it's there.

[attachment deleted by admin]
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »

Finally got the pic to show up but the thing is sideways.  Wtf.

Now that is some talent there lady!  :o    Aren't computers fun? Just kidding; I know the answer to that one. Okay, best I can advise is to try something. Go to the original picture that you uploaded as your avatar. Rotate that picture 90 degrees to the right so it looks like it is laying down on the opposite side of how it looks on this site. Then, upload THAT picture as your avatar and let's see if that straightens it up. I cannot imagine how the computer interpreted that!

If that doesn't work, we may need to get you to send us the picture and someone with authority to manipulate profiles can try to insert it for you.

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:00:48 pm »

John and Joann, I still think that is a function of your browser/computer.  I do not login on any of my devices, MacBook Pro or iPad.  I am using firefox on the laptop and Mercury on the iPad.  I asked the BROWSER to remember me, and it did.  Although, I cannot now give you details.  If I logout, I just get to login again.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Walkin45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:33:22 pm »

test session logged out

Walkin45

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 04:34:38 pm »

test trails section.  wrote post and inserted pic.  Says session timed out.  Tried to do it without pic. Session timed out.  WTF

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 07:40:25 pm »

Carol, how fast is your session timing out? Are we talking just a few minutes? There is a setting somewhere out of whack.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Carol, are you using Internet Explorer? Any information you can provide will help.

slicksrmh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 07:59:45 pm »

John....  I use IE.  I've been logged in now for a few hour, back and forth between here and facebook.
He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

poorfarm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 08:28:35 pm »

I use IE too and no problem staying logged in.. In fact when I logged out, it took several tries...
It's all about life, love, dogs and horses.

stablemind

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 04:40:36 am »

I have only had to log in once in the past several days. Apparently I do not have a timeout feature. I googled "session timeout iphone" and it seems to be a common problem. IOW, the problem is somewhere in your phone settings.

Walkin45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 05:30:20 am »

I think it was on laptop as well.  My name is always at the top though, like now-- I did not re log in?? On iPhone now ...

shawnkhall

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 02:38:00 am »

Whoever is having problems with the rotated images, chances are that you're using an app like Picasa that preserves the integrity of the original image. These applications NEVER risk damaging the original, so it's absolutely essential that instead of 'save' you use 'save as' to create the image you're going to upload. That'll work.

For those having problems staying logged in, it could be the result of the new DNT (do not track) feature in modern browsers. Disable this option in your browser configuration and it might be more reliable.

If that doesn't do it, make sure that your browser is configured to allow cookies and "sessions", and that you don't have any third-party add-ons that are supposed to help preserve your anonymity. Some of these (like the "McAfee Privacy Service") have been known to cause this type of problem.

bearxfoo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 11:28:56 am »

No matter what I do, I keep getting that my photos are too large in KB. I've resized and resized and if I keep resizing, pretty soon I'll have a tiny photo that nobody will want to see anyway.

So, I guess my question is, can we use HTML at all in these forums, can I can easily link an image and resize the thumbnail then have to resize my actual image. My camera takes high quality photos so the 512KB limit is just too low.
Stephanie, S.E. Michigan

CJ, 31 year old Racking gelding
Sol, 12 year old TWH mare

"Confidence is built on the back of a horse"

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2013, 12:39:21 pm »

You can use BBCode. When you resize, try resizing to get at or under 512 Kb while not shrinking the dimensions below 800x600. I don't know what you are using for your resizing, but in an earlier post I give a suggestion for an online resizing service that allows you to set the dimensions as well as the Kb size. If you look around on the forums here, you will find several attached photos that are quite large in dimensions while within the guidelines of 512 Kb max.  Or, you can link from a service such as Photobucket directly within your post.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up