Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posting Pictures - Flickr Instructions  (Read 42 times)

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Posting Pictures - Flickr Instructions
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:30:23 am »

To link a picture within a post using Flickr, you will need to use your laptop or computer. At this time, Flickr has not facilitated this activity via their app or by using mobile devices.

Your home page on Flickr has several categories available to you. Your uploaded pictures go directly to your Camera Roll and your Photostream immediately upon being uploaded. Choose Photostream. The red arrow in this example shows you where it is located on your home page.

Click on the photo you'd like to link into your post here. A new screen opens up and you'll see five icons in the lower right corner of that screen. Choose the curved arrow (the red arrow in the following example)and click it.

A Sharing Screen will open up where you'll notice a bar in the center of the screen with a link highlighted. Before you copy that link, make two selections.

First, above that bar you will see four categories: share, embed, email, BBCode. Click on BBCode.

Next, below the highlighted link you'll see a drop-down menu that allows you to select the size in dimensions of the picture as it will appear here in your post. Select the size you would like. Now you can copy the entire link in the center box of this screen. The following example shows you where these choices are.

Come back to your post here and in the location in your post that you would like your picture to appear, paste the entire link you just copied.

This next part sounds a little tricky. It's really not! Look at the link you just posted. You will notice there are actually two URL addresses posted. Delete the second URL address to eliminate the title of your picture as it is listed on Flickr. Here is an example of what you should delete. I put the part to delete in RED.

However, if you forget to delete the second URL, there is really no harm. Here are two pictures. In the first one, I did NOT delete the second URL. In the second one, I did.

- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Posting Pictures - Flickr Instructions
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:42:24 am »

Thanks John.
Looks clear to me.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up