Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trail ride with our local riding club (our first ride)  (Read 88 times)

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
Trail ride with our local riding club (our first ride)
« on: June 05, 2017, 06:56:00 am »

On Saturday we had PERFECT weather....60's, breezy, sunny and gorgeous!   We (John, Mariel & Myself) trailered Scout, Trav & Crusty out about an hour north of us to the "Promised Land" trails in Greentown, PA.  I joined a local trail riding club and this was the first ride we were able to make.  What a nice group of people!  And well behaved horses.  Most of the horses were gaited!!  Who'd have thunk!  Of the 10 horses there, I think only 1 was not gaited! 

Anyway, we rode for about 3 hours total, stopped at the brand new equestrian campground to have lunch.  What a nice place (the equestrian campground)!. It's BRAND new, looks to have great sites with 2 standing stalls and a larger stall with a high line across the front of them.  And the trails were beautiful.  The equestrian camp only opened a month ago, and looked to be totally empty this past weekend, but I don't think a lot of people know about it yet. 

We had a really good time, and will definitely ride with this group again.   Now for some pictures.

Karen
Pages: [1]   Go Up