verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intro and update  (Read 40 times)

rainmaker

Intro and update
« on: December 03, 2018, 04:33:35 pm »

I still check the forum every few days but rarely log in.  Not much going on at Rainmaker Stables when it comes to horses.  Rainmaker is the only horse left on the place after I had to put Pepper down.  I had her a bit over 20 of her 28 years.  Even Rainmaker will be living elsewhere once we sell the farm.  Not what either of us want but all those candles on the birthday cake are requiring it.  It's been five years since I last sat in a saddle because of health and arthritis.  Rainmaker hasn't complained one time.

Want to thank Kysa for her wonderful words about Molly and the small part Rainmaker Stables played in getting that mare to SD.  Thanks are due to Karen, (Iridemyrocky) for calling her gentle giant a wonderful horse because Slider is Rainmaker's last foal.  There are several more that own Rainmaker babies and let me hear about them occasionally.  My thanks to all of you.

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Intro and update
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:54:08 am »

Jim,
Sorry for all the horses losses, but I do understand downsizing.  I pray you and your wife have some enjoyment left, even if not horses.
Molly is now used for lessons several days a week.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

kckc

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:04:29 am »

I have heard for years about the Rainmaker babies... very jealous of those people …. :-)
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:16 am »

Molly is not a rainmaker baby, although nearly as good as one.  She was owned by one of Jim’s friends who had cancer.  He asked Jim to rehome a little mare he had for his grandson.  Still a great little horse, and I am grateful to Jim that he recommended her to me.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up