Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photos hosted a flickr  (Read 165 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
photos hosted a flickr
« on: March 21, 2017, 04:47:35 pm »

Okay, John, I finally made a flickr account and uploaded a photo.
Now I need directions on how to imbed here.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: photos hosted a flickr
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:11:12 pm »

• In Flickr, go to your Camera Roll and find the picture you'd like to upload here. Double-click that picture in the Camera Roll
  • A new screen opens up. In the lower right corner, click on "View in Photo Page"
  • In lower right corner of new page there are five icons. The center icon is a curved arrow. If you hover over it, it will read "Share". Click that arrow.
  • A new screen with one box in the center opens up. At the top of that box, make sure that the far left option is underscored by clicking on it. "BBCode".
  • There will be an address box in the center of the box on that page. It will be highlighted. Before you copy that address, look underneath it and you will see a dropdown menu where you can pick the size of the photo that you are going to upload here. (This is the easiest method of changing the size of a photo that I've ever seen!) Choose the size photo you want.
  • Now, copy the address in the center section of the box on your page.
  • Come back to Gaited Horse Sense and to the post where you want to paste your picture. Paste the address you just copied. Note: you do NOT need to use the picture insert icon in your message here!
  • Hit the preview button to preview your post with the picture. You will see the picture, followed immediately with whatever title you gave the picture in your Flickr page and the words "on Flickr". If you are happy with this, you're done. If you do not want the title and "on Flickr" to be included in your post, there is one final step.
  • Look closely at the address you pasted here. Note that there are two URL's listed in the address. To remove the title and "on Flickr", simply delete everything after the first URL is closed.
Here is an example of a picture posted from Flickr where I DID NOT delete the second URL in the address I pasted, just to show you what I'm talking about.

The Duke by John Maldaner, on Flickr
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 06:31:50 am »

I am determined to learn how to use this on my iPhone or my iPad. Unfortunately the first thing I cannot do is double-click   

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 08:09:55 am »

I am determined to learn how to use this on my iPhone or my iPad. Unfortunately the first thing I cannot do is double-click

My bad! I created this entire process with the thought you'd be using a computer!! Let me go back and detail the instructions using a mobile device!

PS - Here is how difficult it is using Tapatalk (you just knew I'd get back to that, right?):
  • Create a post or Reply to a post.
  • Enter some text in your post, or not. It won't matter.
  • Click on the + button. Click on the little picture icon. Automatically you are directed to your stored pictures on your mobile device. Select one.
  • You are then asked to select the size of the picture you'd like to post (your choices will automatically be within the parameter allowed on the site)
  • Select the size. Done. The picture will show up when you hit post! Or, add several more pictures to the same post.

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 08:20:17 am »

Yeah, but that is storing the photo here....which we can do.  But I want the photo at flikr, then linked here.

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 08:35:38 am »

Well, it does not look like there is a way to get the picture to show up!  😡

I can easily get a link to the picture, but not the picture itself, from my mobile device only.

EDIT: I have sent a detailed request to Yahoo (owners of Flickr) to inquire if there is a way to do this using a mobile device exclusively.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:53:59 am by NoBite »

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 06:16:28 am »

Well, it does not look like there is a way to get the picture to show up!  😡

I can easily get a link to the picture, but not the picture itself, from my mobile device only.

EDIT: I have sent a detailed request to Yahoo (owners of Flickr) to inquire if there is a way to do this using a mobile device exclusively.

If they can modify the mobile app to allow copying of the BBCode, we will have what we need to easily copy and paste pictures here without hosting them here. That is what I have asked for. Waiting for a reply. In the meantime, it is a snap to do so from a laptop or desktop computer!

ANSWER:  This is a hot topic in their feedback forum. Currently, there is no way to copy and paste the BBCode using a mobile device. Thus, we cannot copy and paste our photos using a mobile device using Flickr. Again, on a computer, it's a snap. No telling if with the recent purchase of Yahoo by Verizon if this feature will be coming. Until something changes, this isn't a good option for mobile devices.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:41:41 am by NoBite »

NoBite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 10:35:58 am »

PLEASE - Everyone go to the 5 Poll Questions and cast your votes! They are in the FAQ Section.

Thank you!

KysaSD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 12:41:25 pm »

So, I read an article about photo bucket saying their changes would be the death knell of message boards.  And I wholeheartedly DISAGREE!!!
Yeah, we can chitchat at Facebook, and share photos.  But I cannot have much an in-depth conversation there, it just gets lost.  So, I am keeping up with GHS so I can ask serious horse questions.

We can use flier, just not from phones.

And we can upload here.  Better for everyone to join in paying One $400 fee than each of us giving $400 to photo bucket.
I am sorry, I am just angry, and even if they back down to $4 per year I would not pay it. 
I keep the archive of the old board because sometimes we DO need it.  A woman asked me about sarcoids the other day.  I sent her to the archive of Molly, but of course, it no longer has photos and the archive is not fixable...it is what it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up