Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 68 degrees in February  (Read 292 times)

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
68 degrees in February
« on: February 17, 2017, 04:29:08 pm »

I NEVER ride in the winter, but today was so pretty, we got out for a ride

Mike rides more in the winter than I do.  He has ridden 3 times this week.  It's supposed to be upper 60's to low 70's all next week
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: 68 degrees in February
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:32:23 pm »

I am spending all these nice days babysitting grandkids.
But tomorrow, we will get Lola out, and I will supervise pony carting.  Maybe in the afternoon I can go for a ride.  It was 52 here today...unheard of in SD in February, but I will sure take it!
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter, a TWH and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 06:45:19 am »

I love riding the Shawnee in the winter, mainly because the leaves are down and you can see so much farther! And, occasionally, you get such beautiful blue skies. The 68-degrees was quite the bonus!!

- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

kckc

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 07:44:16 am »

on my bucket list !  thanks for the pictures
NC

gallatingal

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:21:51 am »

We had a nice little ride yesterday from Walter Hill near Murfreesboro. They have been working on the trails and the first couple of miles were smooth and flat, exactly what I needed for Cuervo's first trail ride since he injured his tendon late last summer. He has been 100% sound for several months, but we are on a conservative rehab program because I want him sound for years. He actually was still green when I had to lay him up for 6 months, but he did not miss a step. Forward and calm, took the lead almost the entire way .This was perfect.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:24:21 am by gallatingal »
Life is short, buy the pony!

misstux

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 02:58:59 pm »

I am so jealous of all of you.  In January we got almost 200% of normal rain for a year.  Lots of rain again this month.  Our trails are hills and adobe.  They are NOT rideable.  The hill across the street by the staging area slid and mud ended up in the road.  I am directly across the streets from thousands of acres of trails and am riding the barn yard cruise.

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 06:13:27 am »

We too have not been out since the end of Oct.  I won't ride alone and Steve has either been busy with other things, so we have not got out at all.  I wish I had a riding buddy close by that would ride with me so we could get 2 or my horses out or at least mine out if they were going to ride their own horse.  The weather has been so mild that I keep thinking how nice it would feel to ride.  But I have done a lot of walking with the dogs.  But that is just not the same.

Jeanne

kckc

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 09:48:07 am »

Jeanne  - have you looked online for other riding partners?  I've found several that were also looking for a riding partner.  We talked ahead of time to confirm we both rode the same way or discussed issues (green horse etc)...  It has been a blessing for me even though I like to ride alone 
NC

Walkin45

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 03:21:40 pm »

Where. I rode over 11 mikes yesterday and exactly 12 today
Pages: [1]   Go Up