Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a review...Twisted X  (Read 653 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Need a review...Twisted X
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 02:59:10 pm »

So, I had to remove the kiltie, and at this point I have them laced a little different still.  But they seem comfortable.  After some serious walking I will review them again.

And just for grins and giggles, here is my old pair of Ariat Terrains.  purchased in 2013.  I have the kiltie removed and lace them as tight as they go, but they are still a little sloppy on my feet.  And no a second layer of insole does not fix it.  That makes the toe box too tight.

Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

kckc

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 03:07:26 pm »

for the boots I had that were right it the toe but not where I wanted them elsewhere I had to get the half insole - arch support.   Worked great.   I had to put it under the other thin sole that came in the boot (could not stand that little end where the half arch ended)
NC

ponymare

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 03:35:47 pm »

Interested to see how they "stand up." to the stress test!   ;D

wakemom

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 02:30:25 pm »

They have some cute styles. I have the same complaint about my ariats, they changed the sizing and the newer ones I have are big. I like the leopard print Twisted X's...don't be surprised if they show up on me this spring. :P

Or these...like these too!
https://twistedx.com/product/wab0009/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 02:32:22 pm by wakemom »
Cheryl~Gabby's Mom

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 03:40:16 pm »

Have been very happy with the Twisted X.  Will give more of an update after 4 days walking in NYC next week.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Little Freckles

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 02:13:52 pm »

that little tab your laces go through half way up- if you laced over top of it, instead of through it, (or cut it off) you could lace a little tighter.  Might make the Ariats fit a little better.
Susan, close to Springfield, IL

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 11:25:40 am »

Update after walking the cement jungle of NYC.   I had to change the way I lace them, and he fit is slightly different than Terrains....but....I am pleased and these will be my replacements for Terrains.  I will try on some of their pullon western boots the next time I need to buy a pair.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 06:53:46 am »

Slightly different fit than a Terrain....but I think these will make a good substitute.  I can get them laced tight enough which I can no longer do with the terrains.  I had when companies change their fit.  I have ridden in them and they work well for that, too.  I will heading to the Black Hills for a week of trail riding, camping, and some hiking.  I think these will work well.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 06:11:11 pm »

So, I still like my twisted X boots, but they are starting to come apart....after only one year.  No, that is not acceptable.

KysaSD

• Administrator
Re: Need a review...Twisted X...Ariat Twin Gore barnyard boots
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2018, 07:46:35 am »

The only western boot store in my town has closed.  I cannot try things on, only order from the internet.

So, I am needing a review of these these fit.  Ariat Twin Gore Barnyard boots. I love Terrains, but since Ariat was bought out by GAP, the fit has changed and they are too wide for my foot.  Same as Fatbabies.  So I need something just slightly narrower than the terrains.  Has anyone tried this boot on, that can give me a review.  You didn’t need to buy it, just try it on.

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 09:10:03 am »

A couple years ago, I was sure those would be my next pair of boots, but when I tried a pair on at Equine Affaire, they felt terrible. I still have a workable pair of Terrains and don't know what I'll do when they wear out. My last pair was in the dark distressed brown color and they are the trim fit you're looking for. That color now only comes with camo insets.  :-\

Check out: http://www.blundstone.com/

kckc

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 09:25:42 am »

checked around - doesn't seem any of my local stores carry these for trying on  :-(   
NC
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up