Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fresian World Show  (Read 285 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Fresian World Show
« on: September 14, 2016, 06:47:07 pm »

Is going to be held in Springfield, Ohio at the Champion Center Expo, October 5th - 9th.  My trainer will be there with 6 horses I believe.
The barn is Mountain View Training Center, of Granby, MA.

If any of you Ohio folks get there look Danny up and tell him you "know" me  lol.
Seriously, his horses are awesome and I am hoping they do well.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Fresian World Show
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 09:34:58 am »

The first of the shows in Ohio has been over the top awesome for Mountain View Training Center of Granby, Mass.

As many of you know that is where Ace is in residence.
So, Danny took 3 Fresians and so far has won 2 World Championships in good sized classes and one of the owners took a top 5 in adult walk trot.
Danny won the Pleasure Driving Championship and Tim won one also.  Not sure in what class. The mare also won world Champion halter mare.
The mare that won the pleasure driving is the ONLY horse that pinned over Ace in Open shows this summer.

I am so happy for them all they work hard and deserve all they win.

GloriousJourney

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:39:29 am »

That's pretty awesome. Love Friesians. Just realized you said Granby...are you in Granby? I grew up, literally, just down the street in Ludlow.
Lesley in Jupiter

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 07:53:36 am »

SMALL world, no, I live in RI but picked this farm to send Ace out for training to get him finished.
If you grew up out there the farm is at 203 Taylor Street in Granby.  It's been a farm for forever I believe back in the day it was a Standardbred training barn as there is a track there. 

I realize Fresians are not gaited, but I really had to brag on my trainer and his small staff.  To be able to go to this show and WIN is a big deal for him and I am so happy. The mare that won the driving is the only horse that pinned over Ace all year.

GloriousJourney

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 07:31:44 am »

I'm fairly sure that I know where that barn is. Not very far from my old stomping grounds. I "went gaited" 17 years ago. Prior to that, I had differnent breeds of trotting horses. With an ex-boyfriend, we bought two weanling Friesian fillies, one a first premie, one a second. I raised them and worked with them two years before we parted company and I moved to Florida. He kept them for 6 months, and then sold them when it was up to HIM to do all the work. At that time we were parting company I had also already purchased my first gaited...an Icelandic. But...the Friesians were, are are, lovely horses.
Lesley in Jupiter
Pages: [1]   Go Up