Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cruising toward retirement  (Read 2324 times)

ponymare

Ice, Ice, Baby
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2018, 02:31:08 pm »

We had our first trip to the Plateau in winter. Saturday was a beautiful day... and we spent it traveling TO Tennessee. :-\

If only we had gotten up sooner. But, as I tell David often... "spilled milk. Let's just move on!"

It was dusk before we got to our Happy Place... and raining on Sunday...so no uplifting view of the distant mountain range.  We still managed to explore a little in the rain and mist. I got a little road walk in. I received a Fitbit for Christmas and had been doing quite well... until I went on vacation.  I DID notice that it tracked much more restful sleep while I was there.  No surprise there!

Monday was David's birthday but I was sworn to secrecy. It's just another day to him and he gets embarrassed if you point it out.  We managed a craft brewery visit and winery tour and had a nice birthday dinner in downtown Cookeville. I really like their downtown area. We also hiked to the back of our property to see if our little water feature was flowing and were surprised to see that there were still icicles on the rocks. Although it was a nippy 22 when we hiked in, it had been well above that recently. So glad we got to see those. And our water feature was running pretty well.

On Wednesday we stopped by Chattanooga to see my husband's sister. His Mom was visiting there as well, so we got to visit with her, too.  It's only a 2 hour drive from Jamestown to Chattanooga. From there we headed home, but I'm pretty sure we left our hearts in the hills!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up