Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ace The Journey Back  (Read 925 times)

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
Re: Ace The Journey Back
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 12:20:55 pm »

Ben, the trainer called me a bit ago.  Ace is going to their farm on Tuesday April 1st. 
He needs to go back to work and I want to be able to ride him safely.

He has being a total brat the last week or so,  I had to give him an attitude adjustment yesterday after he tried to run me over, so I was happy when Ben called and told he they are ready for him.  The farrier is coming Sat to put fronts on him, so he should not get foot sore from work.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 09:20:19 am »

I hauled Ace to the trainer on Tuesday morning.
The farm owner really likes him and she is a total old time QH person.  I might have a fight getting him back.
Ben texted last night and said he is doing well and he is going to ride him today, if all goes according to plan. I won't be there as they do not want owners around for at least a week but mostly 2.  I am one of the few that will go to see him worked at some point next week.

I'm pretty sure he will come along quickly as he is already trained, he just needs to be reschooled and put under saddle.
On a wonderful note the vet was out Monday for the Spring shots and I got all the exam paperwork yesterday and Ace weights 970 lbs according to the paperwork.  I had thought I heard 960 but either way the Bad Boy is back to fighting weight and I am happy as can be that we saved him with NO organ issues.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 06:37:51 pm »

Wed morning at 11 we are going to watch Ace in his training session.  Ben says he is going well.

I'll post when we get back.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 12:15:38 pm »

1 week ago I took Ace to the trainer.  We went down this morning to watch him be worked.  I am very very happy with how far Ace has come in just that week.
He is doing walk, trot and canter.  backing bending, doing some obstacles and coming along well.
Next week I get to ride him.  That is much faster than I thought it would be.  I am so glad I picked this young man for a trainer.  He GETS gaited and STB and he mostly trains QHs.  But I knew he would get a handle on Ace.  It's getting closer to show season and it's all seeming possible.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:19:39 pm by KysaSD »

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 07:13:32 pm »

This morning my friend Lorna and I went to the trainer's to watch Ace go.

The improvement in just a week is unreal.
At the end of the session I got on!!

He was a bit tense but settled quickly.  I only walked but it felt great.  Ace is going to be just a ton of fun.  Watch out world here comes the old lady and her boy.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 11:53:11 am »

Mike and I went to the barn.  Ben worked Ace.  He is coming along well.  Better than I thought he would.  I got on and all was well.  I asked for a TROT and got GAIT!!!

Now, at this point in his training I do not want gait I need trot.  So, we'll see.

This Sunday I am going to pick him up and haul him to a show.  Not going to show him just going to see how he reacts to stuff.
Then back to our regular barn for overnight and the vet is out on Mon to do teeth.  Then back to the trainer.

I'll keep you all posted.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »

I spent the morning at the barn.  The vet came out, it was float teeth and finish shots and clean sheaths.  They were both in happy land.  LOL  Therefore they both behaved themselves.

As far as behavior is going I can not believe the improvement in Ace since he has been at the trainers.  I mean there is no trying to drag me around, when I opened the stall this am I stepped into the stall to put the halter on and he put his nose into it and did not try to run me over. 

we ran really short on time so I'll take him back to the trainer tomorrow morning.
I am very happy with how he is doing at the trainers it is worth every penny.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 04:01:19 pm »

I rode Ace outside for the first time this morning.  I got a beautiful trot out of him YES!!!
We also trotted his first barrel pattern.  I will ride him again Friday afternoon and we have a barrel run Sunday.  We won't be going for time but we need to ride 6 runs to qualify for the State Championships.  So this is a good start.

He is fitting up well and doesn't really even pick up his breathing.  I would bet IF I could do them he would be a great distance trail horse.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up