Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby Steps....first ride out alone.  (Read 265 times)

melissah

Baby Steps....first ride out alone.
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:36:00 am »

Well, if this really counts as a "ride" but it was last Thursday and husband and daughter were working late. I really needed some horse time so I ran out and tacked up, did some ground work then opened the back gate. Just stuck around there for a few minutes (had lots to do when they got home)just outside the gate. Hey, it's a start. It took me 4 months to do what it took a year and a half with Mercy. There are just too many times we don't ride and I WANT/NEED to ride. Husband busy doing things he needs to catch up on or works late, Hannah at boyfriends on a weekend day or works late. PLUS I crave that solo solitude being one with your horse. I don't have a "space" to go to. Wish I did.

The out the gate stuff starts at 3:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8k_gYOHAJU
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

kckc

Re: Baby Steps....first ride out alone.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »

yay for you!  I have ridden the past couple of weekends by myself and I really enjoy it.    I swear if I had to live in CA I'd have some sort of trees planted or shade sails everywhere... wow, I just need shade...no longer a sun worshiper I guess.   
NC

foxtrotter

• N.E. Ohio
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 05:40:40 pm »

Wow Melissa, that was awesome!  It's very apparent that you are much more comfortable with Jex than you ever were with Mercy.   Am I right, when you rode Mercy, you talked to her non stop, to keep her/you calm, and  you said very little when riding Jex?  Looks like you will be a great team!
MJ

melissah

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 06:26:50 pm »

yay for you!  I have ridden the past couple of weekends by myself and I really enjoy it.    I swear if I had to live in CA I'd have some sort of trees planted or shade sails everywhere... wow, I just need shade...no longer a sun worshiper I guess.

I know I would enjoy it to. Riding is great with friends and family but darn....how about some Melissa/Jex time. Some personal space.

It's horribly hot today. Too hot but at least no humidity. Last summer the humidity was awful and that was one big reason for not riding.

I was never a sun worshiper, more a vampire he he. I loved the night life. At least we have a nice covered porch and a pool. ;)

Wow Melissa, that was awesome!  It's very apparent that you are much more comfortable with Jex than you ever were with Mercy.   Am I right, when you rode Mercy, you talked to her non stop, to keep her/you calm, and  you said very little when riding Jex?  Looks like you will be a great team!

Thanks! I am so much more comfortable on him that Mercy. She just was not a confident horse and I brought it out in her. I'm very proud of that. Until it all unraveled two years of riding with just two falls off.

Yeah, you're right about the talking. Never thought about it. I do tend to talk to my horses though. I enjoy the banter between us. lol. And even though he took off with me, totally my fault but my health has improved so much so I feel more confident. He gets away with nothing. But he needs gentle but stern discipline. I'm learning. 
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up