verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Best mane detangler?  (Read 1884 times)

JeanRDH

Best mane detangler?
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:33:07 pm »

Remember last year the discussion on mane & tail care, there was some expensive detangler product that was available at Expos?  There was a promotion on it for awhile, too.  Several people commented that they liked it, and a little bit goes a long way, and that it lasts a long time, too.
Well, I didn't need any at the time, but I was thinking about splurging on some now with some of my Christmas money.  But with the new forum, I have lost the thread. 
I've got all kinds of Cowboy Magic and Vetrolin, Silk, and Equiscentials, but my gelding has such a coarse mane, I'd like to try a product that endures more than 1 day. 
Does anybody know what I'm talking about, and remember the name of the product?

slicksrmh

Re: Best mane detangler?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 08:44:36 pm »

I use Eqyss survivor and won't use anything else. I think you may be thinking about Manely Long products though.
He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

Iceangel

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:59:07 am »

Yes I think that is it. I have some.  Bought it in Eau Claire at Beths Tack.  I had a lot of the Equiscentials so I used that last summer. I love Equiscentials that you buy at St Croix Saddlery.

OldnOrnery

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 09:15:22 am »

http://manelylonghair.com

It's my go-to product for hurricane dreadlocks. It does last forever, at least with only 2 horses.

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 10:59:05 am »

I bought the Manely stuff, but I've never felt it was any better than my economy-priced standby, Vetrolin Detangler.

MyBoyG

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »

I use the Manely Long Mane & Tail.  With just one horse it doesn't break my bank, and I love it.  G's mane has never been this nice with any other product  I've tried. I only need to use it once a month and it keeps the wind knots at bay and it has been very silky.[\size]

Horsemanship, the wonderful never ending journey of learning!   Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.

JeanRDH

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »

Today we had a "heat wave" in Minnesota, so I put some Cowboy Magic in his mane & tail.  In effort to preserve it, I don't comb it out unless there is a special occasion :)
If the Mane-ly product isn't significantly superior, I might pass (since the shipping is $8). 
I guess what I need is a product with a guarantee.  I've spent a lot of money on products over the years!
I bought two of the large bottles of Cowboy magic on sale last summer, so I guess I will just use those.

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 07:53:05 pm »

I like Santa Fe Instant Detangler, but when I was looking for a link to post it here, I couldn't find it for sale anywhere, and I don't remember where I ordered mine from.  I've also used coconut oil pretty effectively as a detangler/conditioner, and I suspect it's a little less damaging than some of the products that contain silicone and/or alcohol.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

generallee

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 08:49:24 am »

Mane-ly products are worth every cent and last a very long time. You only need a little bit and like Kate, you only apply it once a month or so. I am still on my original bottle and I use it on a mini, a pony and a horse. I have had it over a year now. My horse's manes and tails sparkle in the light and I have tried every product out there. Do not be afraid of the price, it lasts a very long time.

melissah

Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

LuvMyBoys

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 02:05:50 pm »

I swear by Mane-Ly products.

ahmenti

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 10:00:20 am »

I use Mane-ly too and love it!  It lasts a long time and I usually apply just a little bit every week or so and don't have a bit of problem with the hair getting tangled.

Kim

G84me

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 10:21:38 am »

I still have a bit of my old 8-ounce bottle of Survivor, but it's almost empty and I sure won't spend $12+ bucks for four ounces.  I bought the Manely Mane & Tails last year at the special price; found that it does everything it says it does. Good stuff.

I put the Manely product in the back until I use up the Survivor, which will be soon because I have 3 horses, all with dirty winter dreadlocks right now...

Joann
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

countrygirl

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 07:16:04 pm »

Actually, it was 2012 and the product you're talking about is Mane-ly Long Hair.

Sedona from the old board sells it here:  http://www.thetrophyline.com/

Here's the thread:  http://archive.gaitedhorsesense.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=28710&start=1&highlight=mane&highlightmode=1

Remember last year the discussion on mane & tail care, there was some expensive detangler product that was available at Expos? 
Liz from Texas

dottie61886

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 09:49:45 am »

Love the Mane-ly products. It's the only thing I've found that can keep Dusty's crazy thick and long hair tangle free and conditioned. I also use it in his feathers to keep the stickers out.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up