Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another good ride at friends  (Read 285 times)

ahmenti

Another good ride at friends
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:56:06 am »

Rode again Sunday on Tia, my newly trained girl.  Saddled great this time, didn't even get nervous at all when I put saddle pads and saddle on her.  Got on her fine, she took a few steps and then took off with me at a hurried clip. Went maybe 30 feet and I got her stopped; didn't quite figure out if she got spooked or was just excited but not too bad.  Then rode further on her trail she has at her house-went through several mud puddles, a creek and one water area in a ditch which she did jump but I was prepared for it so not too bad.  Then we rode down and back on the road which was a 3 mile ride and no problems there at all.  Her road is private so we encountered no traffic.  Did see a deer and some turkey back on the trail and she was behind other horse and her ears went up and stopped and looked but didn't do anything else. 

So probably actually rode about 4 miles.  Gaited her coming back down the road and that was excellent,  Very pleased with her. 

Here are a couple of pics friend took.

Kim

Walkin45

Re: Another good ride at friends
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:58:26 am »

Very nice, Kim!

KAB

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:34:45 am »

Glad all went well.I'm always so glad after we have a couple months of rides on green horse.Then I can relax and breathe again.Your mare is very pretty.
Kathy South Florida, Paso Fino lover

ahmenti

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 10:18:44 am »

Me too KAB.  I am always worried about what will happen.  There is so much that is new to them and you don't know how they will react.  So far, so good though so I am happy about that.  We go camping this Memorial Day Weekend but I am going to take my steady, eddy boy.  There are a lot of mountainous trails and they are always packed with people and horses so I will take her on our next jaunt in June.  Hope to get more day rides in on her before then and by June then, will feel more comfortable and less worried.

Kim

melissah

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 11:06:56 am »

How nice! It's always such a challenge (for lack of another word)to get a new horse back and start over. Sounds like everything is going great though. Love the pictures!
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

G84me

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 06:30:02 pm »

Beautiful pictures, Kim.  You can really tell how FINE she is; she looks really gorgeous and cool and calm in these pictures.  I think you'll keep her. 
She is REALLY pretty!!!  Would love to see her in person.  ;D

Joann

- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

ahmenti

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 05:51:36 am »

Thanks Joann.  She is very nice for sure.  I love them all-that's why it's hard for me to sell them-especially the older ones.  Hopefully I will sell the babies I have to sell so that I can keep her.  One of the foals is her color I believe.  I sent hairs off; pretty sure that she is though.  I would rather keep her so that I can ride her this year and then breed her next year when she turns 4.  I always like to see what the foal will look like, conformation wise, when I breed them for the first time.  We will see though-I have a few people interested in her if I do sell her so I figure in a few months I will know what to do.  Can't wait to ride her again-I did have a good time on her Sunday.

Kim
Pages: [1]   Go Up