Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Riding isn't for the faint hearted......but it sure good for a laugh!!!  (Read 338 times)

melissah

Couple of weeks ago we went riding again at Hansen Dam and I'll tell you it was one of the funnest rides I have ever had. It was with our other corral we belong to. We actually joined two this year to get more rides and camping in. Both are a great bunch! It was a pre-celebration for St. Patrick's day and while we rode a married couple in the group stayed back and made corned beef and cabbage. So delicious. I got some of the funniest video in a long time. David narrated the whole thing just about while Hannah laughed so hard! She hasn't been riding a lot due to hanging out with the boyfriend. It's nice hearing her laugh so hard! The group we rode with said they had found a "secret trail" so that sounded exciting. It was a secret for a reason. You could get killed out there! ;) no, not really but it was a secret because everyone forgot to maintain it so it well, that it WAS a secret. But what a blast. I wanted to share some of the insanity.

The first part of the video we are going through an area with "stabbies" everywhere. David had just got new prescription glasses after wearing hard contacts for almost 3 years so everything looked like it was far away so he kept smashing into everything while our daughter laughed hilariously behind him, Jex and I are in front of him.

Then we get to a small stream that wasn't its usual small stream since we'd been having a little rain here and there. And it just about swallows Jex up, then we learn why you never use your cell phone to take pictures. One of our friends had to get off his horse and fish for it. He found it and to his surprise when it dried out, it worked. Also we learned (at about 2:52) why when riding in an area like this, you NEVER turn around to look behind you! Plus it really proves this is a secret trail because at the end of of this area we had to actually turn around because we it a dead end with a homeless encampment. They were surprised!!!! Here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwmB6nBlJyE

And this was a beautiful area....all that green. The guy in front of me is on his mare who is 16.2 and a TANK!And at about 1:26 we run into a really low branch. I had to lay on Jex's neck but then I stop because the guy in front of me is the one with the huge mare. It literally knocked him sideways and off his horse almost landing on what was left of sheared off bamboo. That would have been bad. Then we come to a fallen tree and Michael on his big mare and I decide to go around it....Not David....he walks Storm over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkpDPSQVmt8

And then we end up in Ireland! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKhfCweOrhw

and of course.....can't ride by a muscle car without the husband offering to trade all three of our horses for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGVUY0dvMjM

But all in all.....it was a blast!
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

vruste

love the narration!

melissah

love the narration!

LOL Thanks....my husband is a laugh a minute! I usually drown him out while riding then laugh so hard at the playback.
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

kckc

enjoyed!  why didn't we see the homeless camp and their reaction to horses ?  :-)
NC

Mona

• The Money Pit Ranch

Great videos.  I just have to ask...in the last one, is that a Peruvian riding in front of you?  It is walking "differently", and looks like it may be??
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare
"Ruby" - Bay Pinto KMH Mare

JMR - Scout and Cisco

When we retire in a few years, I want to finish our states that we have not ridden in.  All in in the west, too far to be able to do in a 3 week vacation trip.  I hope you will take us with you on some of these advantures that you ride.   Whats a coupld more people on horses following you around on your trails??   Never been that far west, but can't wait to get to see the states we have not seen.  And you always have some interesting trail rides.

Jeanne

melissah

enjoyed!  why didn't we see the homeless camp and their reaction to horses ?  :-)

LOL That's because David was behind me and his GoPro didn't catch them. Yes, they were a bit surprised. :)

Great videos.  I just have to ask...in the last one, is that a Peruvian riding in front of you?  It is walking "differently", and looks like it may be??

Yes! There was one Peruvian on that ride.

When we retire in a few years, I want to finish our states that we have not ridden in.  All in in the west, too far to be able to do in a 3 week vacation trip.  I hope you will take us with you on some of these advantures that you ride.   Whats a coupld more people on horses following you around on your trails??   Never been that far west, but can't wait to get to see the states we have not seen.  And you always have some interesting trail rides.

Jeanne

I always tell ya Jeanne, you are more than welcome to come and ride with us. Even stay at our place if you need to. I'll take ya to Hansen dam for sure.

JMR - Scout and Cisco

Don't worry, I will take advantage of your offer.  I have seen your pictures so many times that I just have to come and ride with you.  Right now the trip is planned for spring of 2020 or 2021 depending on how quick we get moved into a retirement home.   Selling and buying homes is going to be our most important thing to settle starting the beginning of 2020.   Once that is accomplished, we plan to finish our US tour of the states we have not hit.  CA is one that I really look forward too.   We will be coming across the lower part of the US and then swing north to cover the northern western states we have not been too.   Have several friends to visit along the way that we don't see or haven't seen in years on the trip as well as seeing the states we have never been in except Hawaii and Alaska.  Only if we were able to have a dog/horse sitter, would we ever be able to do those 2 states.  So, they probably won't happen.   But to do the rest of the US states is going to be our goal.  I can't wait!!  I have one of those picture frames of the US that you put the puzzle piece filling in the states that you have been in.  All we have left is the western states that are too far to travel on what vacation time we have while hauling horses and dogs in a L/Q trailer.

Jeanne 
Pages: [1]   Go Up