Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Riding blue jeans  (Read 1811 times)

kckc

Re: Riding blue jeans
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »

I wish the icefil had some actual pockets of ICE.... I'm melting here in NC.    Hey and with that, here's a question... all of the material now says it's wicking away the moisture... where is it wicking it to?  Sweat puddles are awful... forgiven when you are horseback riding but not much fun walking into a store :-)
NC

Riderkat

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 06:30:11 am »

I love my Kerrits Ice Fil bootcut riding tights. The pockets hold a phone in one and a bandanna in the other.

I hate Summer!!

luvmysmh

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 07:14:34 am »

I'm drooling over those Smooth Stride riding jeans!!  I have never paid that much money for a piece of clothing in my life, but I am seriously considering splurging on a pair or two of those when my budget recovers from my saddle purchase ;)

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 09:44:20 am »

http://www.smithbrothers.com/smith-brothers-riding-jean/p/X3-42251/

Has anyone ever bought those?  I would love a review.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

ponymare

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2016, 07:57:32 am »

Following this thread to see what jeans to buy next!

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2016, 08:33:12 am »

I have been ignoring this, and just cannot anymore.  Yesterday I Noticed my jeans are actually getting a hole in the knee from just wearing thin.  You can only wash jeans a few thousand times before the fabric starts to disintegrate.

I think I will order one pair of the smith brothers jeans, and give you a review after wearing and washing them.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

ponymare

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2016, 04:30:18 pm »

Looking forward to your review!

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »

Kysa, I saw some jeans in the Duluth women's catalog that looked like they might be the right fit for you. If you contact customer service, they can probably tell you how the inseam is sewed.

ponymare

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2016, 01:13:34 pm »

Kysa did you ever order any new blue jeans?

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2016, 01:51:37 pm »

No, I have been distracted by needing new dressy boots and two skirts or dresses.  I have 3 wedding coming up.  Sigh.

oncidium

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2016, 07:44:11 am »

I just went to a wedding.  I had to avoid farmers tan.  BUT I ended up wearing a shirt with sleeves and thusly avoided it.  I wore a black shirt , black pants, black socks, black shoes.  These days you can wear anything.  I was not the only one clad in all black.  It is a formal attire color these days.

O

I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich, or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.
-Eminem

Got to heaven for the climate, go to hell for the company. 

What I lack in good decisions, I make up for with inappropriate behavior.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2016, 08:51:15 am »

Yep, I wear black jeans to church nearly every Sunday.
I have one nice turquoise silk broom skirt and a pair of blue shaft boots.  Looks nice.  But I have now switch the boots to my every day boots, and I have worn that skirt to every family wedding the past 4 years.  I think I need at least one new skirt/dress.  Sigh....if is so so hard to get something at is long enough to hit at least the tops of the boots.  No one sees my legs....ever ever.

Walkin45

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2016, 02:13:33 pm »

Gramerici pants.

ponymare

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2016, 03:04:47 pm »

I usually don't have that problem. Even with petite skirts!  I like broomstick skirts. I used to have one in black that had tiny jet embellishments.  I wore it with a black T with a silver design. Could be dressed up or down.  But I'm thinking the long broomstick skirt probably made me look even more like a 4X4! ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:36:15 am by ponymare »

Kalli

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2016, 05:47:48 pm »

I wore a mid-calf length, thickly pleated black and white print skirt and black short sleeved (with little beads on front) top to my nephews' confirmation.  Yes, nephews' - there are 2 of 'em. (and I can now finally tell them apart!!) :) 

Anyway, took pictures at the top of Walter Peyton hill...you shoulda seen that skirt fly in the Chicago wind.  There was so much of it in all those pleats!! haha   It seemed dressy enough but not super fancy.  The skirt is gathered at the waist but flows into all those pleats so for a pear shape, it's figure flattering...not fun to iron it, though.   ;)

As far as riding jeans, I recently bought a pair that I like for riding.  The tag says As Real As Wrangler and I believe it's called Misses Classic Fit Jean..  So far, they fit pretty well.  No gaps at the back wasitband, either.  :)   Of course, there were only 2 on the shelf.  One fit nicely, the other was way too big.  They were both the same size.   That's why I always have to try each pair on before buying.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up