Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Riding blue jeans  (Read 1672 times)

Little Freckles

Re: Riding blue jeans
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 10:04:42 pm »

I have the same issue with the waist on jeans-I wear a 19/20 in the Qbaby jean right now and the waist gaps.  I don't like wearing a belt, so am going to get the old sewing machine out and make darts in the jeans.  Only way I can think to create a custom fit.  Wrangler is the brand of jean that fits my body shape the best.  I feel your pain!
Susan, close to Springfield, IL

Myaj

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 11:00:54 am »

Honestly, my favorite riding jeans are a pair of jean leggings made by NY & Company.  They were not designed for riding, and they were very expensive, but they were the softest, most comfy jeans I've ever had.. and when I ripped a pocket they officially became my riding jeans ;)  I keep an eye on eBay for them, and ocassionally I do manage to find a pair.

G84me

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »

[quote author=Little Freckles link:

"I have the same issue with the waist on jeans-I wear a 19/20 in the Qbaby jean right now and the waist gaps.  I don't like wearing a belt, so am going to get the old sewing machine out and make darts in the jeans.  Only way I can think to create a custom fit.  Wrangler is the brand of jean that fits my body shape the best.  I feel your pain!"

I was going to suggest that to KYSA.  I did it with work slacks when Levi's made the BendOvers back in the 80's.  Sew the darts then cut off the excess, otherwise it will rub. 

Also did it with a pair of jeans...

Joann
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 05:35:26 pm »

It did try to fix a pair.  Because of the elastic on the inside, the only way to do it, and not have a lump, is remove the waistband altogether, make it smaller and put it back on.  It was way more work than I want to do if I pay $40-50 in the first place.  And I am a skilled seamstress.......
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

G84me

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 09:11:35 pm »

When I was in junior and senior high school, my mom worked for a boutique doing all kinds of alterations.  I started sewing by doing the hems on the dresses she took in.  When my kids were small, I made almost all of their clothes, because I didn't work outside the home. 

I did decide to salvage a favorite pair of my ffdraggedy-a$$ old jeans with a waistband.  I totally cut out the V's - one from either side of the back seam, then took some seam binding tape, then used that pellon-type stuff (SO sorry I cannot remember the actual name of it!)  that you can put between two pieces of material, then iron the pieces and they stick together.
Put the seam binding flat, cut a strip of the no-name product to match the seam binding. Abutted the V sides together, put the no-name stuff on top of the sides, then laid the seam binding over the no-name stuff. (this was done on the INSIDE of the jeans.) Ironed the three layers - it stuck just right.  Let it cool, then took bluejeans-colored thread and used a WIDE zigzag stitch over the OUTside, right down the center of the binding tape.  Result was a good fit, and the alteration itself outlived the seat of the jeans...   Nowadays all i do is repair the torn armpits of hubby's teeshirts and patch his barn jeans.

Joann
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

kckc

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 09:15:16 pm »

Headed into summer I would LOVE to be able to wear shorts... or something really really cooling...
NC

GloriousJourney

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2016, 08:14:53 am »

Well...I can only wish I had that problem. Any of you that want a pair of jeans to fit that have a tiny waist, I will pack up 2" of my waist and send it to you. Although I never had a waist my entire life (not tiny anyway), I never had hips either. Now menopause has given me more waist than I ever had before, and I have to accommodate it, and sometimes the pants bag around my hips and butt.
Lesley in Jupiter

candra

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 01:28:10 pm »

Smooth Stride has awesome riding jeans - you can get them with knee patch, full seat, or no patch at all.  No inside seam and a pocket made for you cell phone.  They are a little pricey, but I love mine..
Candra
Candra, East Peoria, Illinois - Shiloh, KMSH

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 03:00:13 pm »

I will look the up.  I find myself doing some ridiculous mending to keep the Q-babies I own going!

Kalli

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 07:55:18 am »

Kysa, did the Smooth Stride work?  I'm also a pear shape with the same problems you've described.   I'm tired of using 2 large pins to keep my jeans up - hate that gap in the back.  I've tried on tights and honestly - they just don't look ok with my body build.  In addition, I can't stand, absolutely can't stand anything tight across my stomach and at my waist.  (I don't wear panty hose for this exact reason.)

Just curious if you've found a pair of riding jeans that works...

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 08:27:28 am »

I have been mending the q-babies to a ridiculous amount.  I will look at Smooth Stride, just have not had a change with my current babysitting schedule.

kckc

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 08:30:18 am »

wow I'd like to have a pair of those cool stride jeans but gosh...they are pricey .... 
NC

melissah

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 09:04:24 am »

I always come here for riding pants. They are only 3 hours away so if I order Monday before noon I get everything next day and never have to leave the house.

They have a lot to chose from. Jeans to.

http://www.ridingwarehouse.com/Womens_Riding_Tights__Jeans/catpage-ENDPANT.html

I just bought these due to the icefil....It can get so hot out her. These turn your sweat into air conditioning. I love them.

http://www.ridingwarehouse.com/Kerrits_Spring_IceFil_Bootcut_Anti-Slip_Tights/descpage-KSIB.html
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

2gaits

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 08:30:49 am »

The meteors icefil look interesting. It is over a h u indeed here now and just miserably hot. I could definitely use something to keep me cooler.

Seabreeze

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2016, 03:34:24 pm »

Headed into summer I would LOVE to be able to wear shorts... or something really really cooling...

In the summer I ride in capris that I buy from REI or longer shorts.  Not because I really want to but because I have to.  My lower legs ITCH like crazy if it gets above 80 degrees out.  It's not the fabric in my breeches and tights, it's the heat.  I can wear all my tights and breeches in the winter and I'm totally fine.  So summer, it's back to the capris.  They are really comfortable!!!  And cool.  I have a full fleece cover on my saddle too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up