Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Riding blue jeans  (Read 1857 times)

KysaSD

• Administrator
Riding blue jeans
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:32:58 am »

Taking suggestions of a new riding blue jean.
I have loved Q-babies in the past, but they have a new fit with a bigger waist.  I always wear a belt, but this new bigger waist forms a lump of waistband fabric in the back and is very uncomfortable.  While I realize I may never find a style with a small waist, I am looking.  But the other thing that is a must, is a flat or Bette yet non existent inside seam.  Most blue jean companies put the fat seam on the inside of women's jeans, the outside of men's jeans.

Anyway, I would take suggestions.  I hate shopping, so I would like to know what to try before I leave the house.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Kellie in OR

Re: Riding blue jeans
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:33:29 am »

I have boxes of Q baby jeans that are too big now. Message me what size you need and I will look.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 12:51:00 pm »

Do Wranglers not make a women's version?
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 01:25:58 pm »

John--Q-Babies are Wranglers women riding jeans.  Very nice, just that they changed the fit to accommodate American waistlines getting bigger, and I don't quite fit that mold!
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

TN Trail Rider

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:46:32 pm »

CJ Riding Jeans are pretty good.  The inseam is not a double one, and there is padding on the inside up against the knee area.  They seem pretty true to size.  I think ClaudiaTN sells them in her shop.

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 02:58:13 pm »

Yes, I have tried CJ jeans on, nice, but the waist is too big, and makes a wad under my belt.

TN Trail Rider

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 11:51:17 pm »

Gee, a small waist -- something most of us would die for!

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 05:29:29 am »

John--Q-Babies are Wranglers women riding jeans.  Very nice, just that they changed the fit to accommodate American waistlines getting bigger, and I don't quite fit that mold!

Thanks, I did not know that. I just know that Wranglers are the only jeans I will ride in.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

oncidium

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 07:35:43 am »

Riding in blue jean memories are of horrible rubs, sores, and scars on my legs and bum keep me from wearing jeans EVER while riding.  I only ride jeans bareback, but prefer shorts over jeans.  I am a tights gal, and I do not CARE if you see my underwear lines or cellulite or whatever!  If I could only find tights (once again) in the busy wild patterns again and also of my yoga tights.  Busy wild patterns deflect from the underwear lines, and bulges, etc due to color and pattern.  I find when I wear black everybody looks, and I think it shows everything, when I wear color (green, blue, brown), nobody looks.  JMO/JME.

O

"No need for a plan B, it's only a distraction from plan A"

cruisinlight

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:47 am »

Kysa, not trying to go off topic here, but for Oncidium: check out the Kerrit's Flow Rise Performance Tights this season. They have 3 nicely wild patterns.  ;D    http://kerrits.com/womens/kneepatch/flow-rise-performance-riding-tight

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:04 am »

I need jeans to wear in my tack store in the middle of rodeo country...I occasionally were riding tights in there, and I do get weird looks.  Yes, I have to please my customers.  But a proper pair of riding jeans, like the Q-babies are very comfortable for me to ride in.  I would NEVER EVER EVER ride in shorts, too dangerous, not to mention my Q-babies are the shortest pants I own.  I am often known to wear running tights over my swimsuit at a beach.  My legs never ever ever see the light of day.

So, jeans it is.  Both he new fit of Q-babies and the CJ jeans are too big in the waist, maybe all jeans are. 

TN Trail Rider

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 09:48:39 am »

Kysa, why don't you look at the Wrangler Jeans that have the low rise.  Can't remember the names of them (Cash and Mae I think).  They come way below your waist and just might work.  I know Stockdales here lumps them in with the other Wrangler riding jean.  You'd have to check how the inseam is made.  Me -- I can't wear them -- too much tummy overhang!

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 10:54:01 am »

Kysa, I'm having similar problem w/ the Q-baby jeans, but it is a good suggestion to at least try the "Cash" jeans.  I think they're slightly lower rise than Q-baby, have a "boot slit" and I've found them in my length (30" inseam) @ Smartpak online.  They come in various colors too, and I even found one in 100% cotton there, altho I had to order the next larger size than I usually wear in the ones that have spandex.
If you find yourself close to a store that stocks them, might be worth a try--or somewhere online that will let you try on & return w/o charging a return fee.
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 11:13:29 am »

I really like the Cash jeans better than the Q babys -- but they are hard to find.

I can ride in any jeans but the CJ Jeans-- I made the mistake of riding a "short" ride last year in jeans --- oh ouch!!!

see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

oncidium

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 08:56:01 am »

Thanks Crusinlight.

I have a pair of yoga tights, I have them on right now - got from costco- , and they are of the blue wild print.  Cool.  You can NOT see any marks, it is major camo to the eye.  I have had Kerrits, and I found they were SO tight, and the only color they came in was black and tan, so got black, and I hated them.  The waist rolled over, and I got full seat and omg if they didn't rub the skin off my body.  Finally they got ripped and I tossed them.  I wear medium, got them in medium, and should have gotten x-large.  I will never buy another pair of black tights ever.  I have had no rips in any other pair of tights I have purchased.  But those things ripped BAD on some branch with my name on it. 

I have the Irideon's now, navy.  And I still have my Tropical Riders.  But all are solid colors.  Boooorrring.  Have fun, get wild prints.  Guarantee, nobody is gonna see my big fat thighs in wild tights!  Now in black ones, it is a given and they say: I am hiding my thighs, black is ALLEGEDLY to make one slimmer to somebody else's eye.  Who the heck cares what somebody else thinks of your(mine) thighs?

I attached a couple pictures.  Ok, I am not a selfie queen, I have a regular camera, my hair is wet from a shower, so there ya go.   Oh I have another pair of WILD ones too.  Maybe I will get that one on and snap a  picture.  FUN with colors.

Carry on.

O

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up