Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to go?  (Read 742 times)

JMR - Scout and Cisco

Re: Where to go?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 04:46:56 am »

Yes, I do not get Trail Rider Magazine any more.  If there is some way you can copy it and e-mail it to me that would be great.  If you could scan the info and send it to jroot@npacc.net, that would be great.  I don't remember seeing anyone locally that has the magazine in the stores.  We no longer have any tack stores in our area either that might have it. 

Jeanne

kckc

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 08:03:34 pm »

scanned to you... hope it gives you some other places to consider
NC

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 06:55:31 am »

Thanks, got the article and I have been looking at camps and some we have not been to in years and might go back too.  So many choices and so little time and money.  I am narrowing down and sending Linda the suggestions and see what we come up with.  I have a couple ideas in my head already.  I like to plan ahead, even though this is not till fall, I like to think about it all summer long during our crazy season at work, thinking that when this is over I am going to ......................

Jeanne

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 07:41:08 am »

So many choices and so little time and money.  Sadly, that is where I am, too. 
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 04:44:27 am »

I know Kysa.  It just is not fair that we can't have enough money and time to do all the trails in the US.  I would love to live in my camper and just go from one horse camp to another and see it all.  Darn job and lack of funds ruin my fun ideas and visiting and meeting new and old friends.

Jeanne

Walkin45

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:35 am »

Let us know where you decide!

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 04:44:07 am »

Has anyone been to Mammoth Cave, KY recently?  I think we are going to go there again but to a different camp this time.  We also want to ride a Stamped Run in KY.  We have never been to that camp yet but have rode out of the National Forest primitive camp years ago.   Then from there I am looking at something in Big South Fork again.  But we want to go to an area we have not been to before or have not been to in a long time.  Any thing in Big South Fork that you like the best?  And we prefer full hookups with stalls when we are on vacation.   We do enough primitive stuff when we are home, we want to be able to relax and enjoy a vacation when we go.  Much more fun when you don't have to worry about the horses when they are stalls as much.

Jeanne

melissah

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 07:16:12 am »

CALIFORNIA!!!!! :) ;)
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

Walkin45

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 08:42:56 am »

Jeanne. Some people I ride with went to mammoth cave last weekend. Stayed at Double J.  They do have direct access out of camp.  D Bar K is closed, didn't you go there with us one time?  When Judy and Bob and all went?
Mammoth cave horse camp's pricier. 

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 05:25:32 pm »

Haven't been to Mammoth Cave recently.  I just am not that impressed with the riding.  Ok for a weekend, but other than that, it's a lot of riding up and down than same trail to get to the others.  Was it Collie Trail?  The one that was almost like a fire lane.

Double J does have direct access.   Mammoth Cave horse camp, isnt the barn away from the campsite?

see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

Walkin45

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 06:12:47 pm »

Yes Claudia , mammoth cave horse camp is far away from stall. Plus pricy.  I love mammoth cave

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 05:50:20 am »

Haven't been to Mammoth Cave recently.  I just am not that impressed with the riding.  Ok for a weekend, but other than that, it's a lot of riding up and down than same trail to get to the others.  Was it Collie Trail?  The one that was almost like a fire lane.

Double J does have direct access.   Mammoth Cave horse camp, isnt the barn away from the campsite?

I feel the same way about Mammoth Cave, Claudia.
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

JMR - Scout and Cisco

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2016, 01:38:31 pm »

We are going to stay at Mammoth Cave Horse Camp this time and get to do the tour.  When we were there before, it  was when everything was shut down, so we didn't get to do the cave tour.  Steve and I did one before but are looking forward to seeing it again many years later.   We are there for 3-4 days.  Then we will  go to Stampede Run.  I have not ridden that area in many, many, years.  We use to camp at the National Forest sites but not since we got the bigger trailer.  We don't think it will fit around the corners.  Then Linda and Charlie, Ellen and Bob, are heading back to PA and we will go to Big South Fork some where.   Just have not picked a new place we haven't been in that area yet.  Any one have suggestions for Big South Fork?

Jeanne
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up