Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off Road Ride! **VIDEO**  (Read 388 times)

melissah

Off Road Ride! **VIDEO**
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:41:33 pm »

Went riding Sunday, just the hubby and I. We wimped out as the sun starting going down. It was getting so cold...Brrrrrrr. We were not really dressed for that cold of weather. We got to the area we typically ride around to get to the back of a hill to go up. But this time it was way too cold and we just wanted to get up the hill and move on. So we did some off road riding. We had to get to the ridge so we chose a spot and went for it. It's a lot steeper than it looks as you can tell at about 1:30 as Mercy does her Gazelle springs up the hill. But we had fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUHfJn6wBzA
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

JMR - Scout and Cisco

Re: Off Road Ride! **VIDEO**
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 04:45:49 am »

Pretty area.  I can't wait till we can retire and get that far west in our travels.   You horse could be my Cisco's twin.  Maybe we will get to ride together in a few years when we are that far west and we can ride out twin horses!! ;D

Jeanne

melissah

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 07:30:50 am »

Pretty area.  I can't wait till we can retire and get that far west in our travels.   You horse could be my Cisco's twin.  Maybe we will get to ride together in a few years when we are that far west and we can ride out twin horses!! ;D

Jeanne

Sounds like fun Jeanne! You let me know when you ever make it this way! We could ride our twin horses!
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

poorfarm

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:58:27 pm »

Pretty cool video... I am so jealous of your riding area right out your door
It's all about life, love, dogs and horses.

melissah

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 08:21:04 am »

Pretty cool video... I am so jealous of your riding area right out your door

I'm so lucky to have it all. Of course, as most people who have it also can relate....it can get boring at times. We started making it fun by working them out there. Doing some needed training touch ups and it's a blast. When they sit so long between rides they (Storm mostly) can turn into an idiot. LOL

I do love trailering out though. New places, new rides.

G84me

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 07:53:39 pm »

The GoPro picked up your shadow at the top!  Good for David for getting real "still" shot. 

It's rainy season here...the current barn is surrounded by mud, mud, flippin' MUD! 

Since Black crossed the Bridge, its just two horses now, both much younger than BJ was. 

I found a great place on CL to board Lady and Ebby.  It's in "the sticks" outside a nearby town. The couple have no horses any more, but have a 4-horse barn and a place to store my trailer for the winter.  Gobs of pasture and all fenced and cross-fenced, and WAY back off the roads.  Best of all the owners are people just about our ages; seemed to hit it off really well, and the price is right. Five big ones per month gets all the pasture, the barn, and the storage place for my trailer, and it's closer to us than where we've been since fall 2014. We do full care, and will be able to ride every day if we want. Having to be there a.m. and p.m....., well LOTS of time to get hubby back on a horse.  Contract starts Jan.1, but we can begin moving in right away.  I am thrilled that there will be PLENTY enough grass that we won't have to buy hay year-round! 
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

oncidium

Re: Off Road Ride! **VIDEO** 🎄
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 07:17:42 am »

I call it pooting power!

Once horses go up so much they need more action in their hind ends or they will slip down the hill. 

Pretty area.

O
Pages: [1]   Go Up