Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: What State?  (Read 4963 times)

SherryinCA

• View Profile
Re: Bored! What State?
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2014, 10:52:28 am »

Yup, not many from Cali here, but there ARE bunches of gaited horse folks in this state.

gallatingal, I bet your hubby is from Chico or there abouts, or maybe he was more east & higher like Auburn?  I'm in the foothills above Oroville, which is exactly about 1.5 hours northeast of Sacramento.  Love the area so far, but really hate the "North State" state of mind...just a little too Republican for my tastes, lol!  All my "local" TV stations focus on Redding area which is WAY farther than even the Bay Area (where we moved from) for me.  Hope you have fun traveling when you start your retirement...oh, what's that, retirement? lol!

melissah

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2014, 11:30:51 am »

Yup, not many from Cali here, but there ARE bunches of gaited horse folks in this state.

gallatingal, I bet your hubby is from Chico or there abouts, or maybe he was more east & higher like Auburn?  I'm in the foothills above Oroville, which is exactly about 1.5 hours northeast of Sacramento.  Love the area so far, but really hate the "North State" state of mind...just a little too Republican for my tastes, lol!  All my "local" TV stations focus on Redding area which is WAY farther than even the Bay Area (where we moved from) for me.  Hope you have fun traveling when you start your retirement...oh, what's that, retirement? lol!

True...not many of us!

Sherry....my MIL use to live in Paradise (near Chico) and we would drive through Oroville to get there. Beautiful area and I know about that "North State" state of mind. And I remember it made you feel as though you were driving through Mayberry. :)
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

Mona

• View Profile
    • The Money Pit Ranch
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2014, 05:35:33 pm »

When we are fully retired and my family gets to the point they can manage without me here, we are going to get a trailer with a little larger LQ and hit the road for a year  or more with two horses. Planning on heading north in the summer, and probably spending quite a bit of time in California.

Nelda, that sounds AWESOME! You'll be living the dream! LUCKY YOU!
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare
"Ruby" - Bay Pinto KMH Mare

Seabreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2016, 03:28:44 pm »

I see this was an old post but also saw some from Northern Cal.  We've been here now for 5 years.  We live in the Auburn area.  Moved here for the weather and riding.

KT

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2016, 08:53:16 am »

ILLINOIS!

ponymare

• View Profile
Re: What State?
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2016, 10:51:48 am »

My home state is Mississippi - the Magnolia State! There used to be several of us from here that were on the board but I don't see any here anymore. We've been having record breaking highs above 80 here in mid November but I think we may actually get a frost this weekend. Currently we are experiencing extreme drought like many other southeastern states.

We also have some land in eastern TN now, so I am going to claim it as well. 8) Northeast MS is red clay hill country but has a few rock formations in the upper northeast corner around Tishomingo and along the TN border.  We do have beautiful dogwoods and oak leaf hydrangeas and magnolias throughout the woods in the spring and lots of pine forests. Most of our riding is done in Northwest AL right now.

My husband and I would love to travel with our LQ when we retire.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:53:57 am by ponymare »

Laurie

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2016, 04:16:26 pm »

West TN here ;D We still have leaves on the trees and some green grass.....its been warm weather so far, though a cold front is supposed to come in tonight with some needed rain and lower temps.  Frankly I have been enjoying the warm fall and sunshine :)  It has been perfect riding weather here - not that I've taken advantage of it, but any delay of winter is welcomed!

erbucky

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2016, 07:32:22 pm »

Up State - Central - Finger Lakes , New York State

Pasolady

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2016, 07:35:41 am »

Thought I had posted here, but apparently not. 

I live in north central middle TN, about ten miles from the KY border.  Our little town of Portland, once a small farming town, is now a very busy little corporate town with lots of industries that have moved here.  Used to be able to ride all the roads around us, I am only two miles out of town, but with all the growth we can no longer do that, is too dangerous now.  There are some really mean, freaky people who tend to do things if they see someone on a horse now a days.

Where I live it is more rolling/hilly than flat.  If you get a piece of flat land around here, count yourself lucky. lol 

erdaffy

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2017, 04:12:56 pm »

Massachusetts
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up