verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gate Painting  (Read 886 times)

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: Gate Painting
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 07:42:09 am »

We always loaded the glove w/ paint first--didn't have to go back to the bucket as often!  Prob'ly wouldn't be an issue for painting something like a gate!  That fence got a total of 3 coats of paint--it took awhile.....  LOTS of back & forth!
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

oncidium

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 09:19:37 am »

Good Grief, what have I done??????????:o ::)

You've posted your resume! 

We have silver gates.  No red need apply.  Then they would chip and scratch.  Silver, you don't see it much if at all.  I prefer an unpainted metal gate so nothing rubs off.  So you are safe from being hired on here at our place.   ;D  You may relax now, the pressure is off.  But we have other chores . . . . .  LOTS.

O

He knew for himself that “Words are far more damaging than any weapon. The body heals and the scars fade, but the internal damage was eternal.” Nick

“I told my family that I never want to live in a vegetative sate, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle . . So, they unplugged my computer, and threw out my wine.”  Eris.  Eris is the Greek Goddess of Discord, Rivalry, Contention, and Strife.  Eris is the one to call when you want to start a war.  In fact, it was her apple that launched a thousand ships to Troy . . .

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 09:36:12 am »

Got to laugh. A friend of mine, retired, recommended me to the wife of a doctor who is looking for barn help Monday-Friday. It seems they have TWENTY-ONE horses and cattle on their farm and they need someone to come feed twice a day and do barn chores and farm work such as fence repair. Glad I only have one friend like that!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Star KMSH, 1991-2017 R.I.P.     Legs, MFT, 1999-2018 R.I.P.    Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

oncidium

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 06:22:14 am »

Sounds like a nice job.  You (and I) are certainly qualified to do so.   :)  I have done that in the past, nice work.  Although these days I HATE fence work.  Done my fair share.  But minor painting etc, I could do, I love to feed horses cows too.  My husband and I hope to never have to set another fence line.  We will pay somebody to do so.  I think, next time which will be at our new property when we buy it I am sure, probably next year. 

O

"Live like somebody left the gate open."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up