Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Backup Camera for $79  (Read 465 times)

Pamela N.

Wireless Backup Camera for $79
« on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:03 pm »

I was in the local Napa Auto Parts Store today.  Featured is a wireless back up camera for $79.  I spent way, way more than this for my wired in backup camera years ago so this is a real bargain.  Since I was new to driving a truck, let alone a trailer, the back up camera was really helpful.  It prevented hours of frustration for me.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Back-Up-Video-Camera-System/_/R-OWIPKC0BU4_0168549926

Regards, Pamela N.
Life with an Icelandic horse
www.blessiblog.blogspot.com

stablemind

• Administrator
Re: Wireless Backup Camera for $79
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 08:09:07 am »

Let us know if it was easy to install and if it works. Everything I read about these WBCs is that they're usually more complicated to install than the description implies and that the wireless connection only works sporadically.

slamduncan

• ACE my next project
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 08:12:48 am »

It took my husband under an hour to install the one on my truck.  And the same on his truck.

We both drive Ford F150s.  They work well.  We paid about $100.00 for ours a few years ago.
Judi and the Boys, Rhode Island

kckc

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 08:31:48 am »

looks like a good price....   wonder if you can hook up any sort of recording to it.  I'd like to have  dashcam/rear cam that records.  well.... it's on my "want list".   :-)
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 09:24:58 am »

I wonder if something like this could be a camera inside my trailer.  I want to be able to monitor horses while I drive.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter, a TWH and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

Pamela N.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:52:47 am »

I have a wired back up camera in my truck so I don't need this one.   I don't think you can use this as a camera in your trailer since, I think, it only works when your car backs up.  Perhaps the folks with wireless back up cameras can address this question.
Pamela N.

kckc

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 12:43:39 pm »

I put a wireless camera on my skidsteer so they can work all the time  - I think it depends how it's wired and whether it is made for only a specific function - power for the camera in the horse trailer would be the only real issue to overcome I think.
NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up