verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: And this is why I love CRS! Deformed horse or chiro needed? ADDED BEFORE/AFTER  (Read 1083 times)

G8tedSaddles

• Crest Ridge Saddlery

Thanks Melissa!

That Sarah is getting a good eye! It has taken her 6 years of training though. I could not replace her if I had to. I hope she does not read this and get a big head!

https://www.facebook.com/crestridge.saddlery/

Traveling the roads from the East Coast to the West trying to teach all who will listen the importance of a well fitted saddle.

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/

In regards to a human chiropractor, they can be different. I had one adjust my neck too hard, but the one I go to now will not force it.
Same with equine, if you don't like one, another can do wonders.
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

oncidium

I had my mare chiro'd just this morning.  I had noticed she was looking to the right a little bit for a couple weeks - more so than what I thought she should.  I thought hmm that is odd.   I am sure with that her body would follow.  Also on the left side of her neck she had a bit more muscling than she should have.  He saw that too.  But I asked him which side he thought was larger, he said left and he was right.  She was out a bit in her hip also, left butt higher than the right one.  All fixed now.  I had to do some rat testing (couple few rides) to see if she really did keep looking more to the right than left.  And, she did!  I let the chiro know right away, and said see.  He noticed it.  After she was adjusted, I did the down and back walk and he noticed she was looking left, and then to the right like a normal horse.  YA!

Now how many people would notice that?  Ok, I guess I am the odd one.  I am ok with that.

O

“I don’t obsess . . . I think intensely.”  Abigail

“I’m not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.”  Nick

misstux

Now how many people would notice that?  Ok, I guess I am the odd one.  I am ok with that.

I have taken a lot of grief from friends about not pushing or even riding Strider when he was off: 
He doesn't look that bad, just get on and ride. 
There's nothing wrong with your horse. 
One trainer even went up to my vet and made a big deal about how I told her he had all this stuff wrong with him and he didn't - the vet told her that yes, he did.  Said trainer didn't realize I was within earshot.

melissah

Storm had his second visit yesterday and Chiro said call him in 4 weeks...and while he was here he did my husband too! He needed it as well. He doesn't typically do people anymore but if he is here for a horse, he will do the rider too! What a package! But he was amazed at Storm's improvement so quickly. And the day before they all got their feet done. They are all ready for riding this Memorial Day weekend. And while our farrier was here he invited us to go with him over the summer to the high sierra's. He said once we camp there we won't want to go anywhere else. I google the camp up there and it's only 2 and a half hours away.

Three healthy happy horses.
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

Patricia Mosely

Melissa, when I took Rose up to be fitted by Sarah, she noticed that Rose's right shoulder was a tad bigger than her left. She assumed me the same thing....if  I was having to push my saddle over.
Rose had just had an adjustment, from the chiro and I was finally given the okay to ride but needed a new saddle. Hence my visit to CRS. After Rose's fitting, I called the chiro to see if this was possibly Rose's conformation. She told me that it could be but usually it's a sign that one heel is higher than the other. So, I called the farrier and sure enough her heels were' the same height. After her trim, we wrote the angles down to see it one heel grows faster than the other. But, now we know to keep a check on her front feet. I wouldn't even had known but for Sarah's keen eye.

Pat

melissah

Melissa, when I took Rose up to be fitted by Sarah, she noticed that Rose's right shoulder was a tad bigger than her left. She assumed me the same thing....if  I was having to push my saddle over.
Rose had just had an adjustment, from the chiro and I was finally given the okay to ride but needed a new saddle. Hence my visit to CRS. After Rose's fitting, I called the chiro to see if this was possibly Rose's conformation. She told me that it could be but usually it's a sign that one heel is higher than the other. So, I called the farrier and sure enough her heels were' the same height. After her trim, we wrote the angles down to see it one heel grows faster than the other. But, now we know to keep a check on her front feet. I wouldn't even had known but for Sarah's keen eye.

Pat

She has an amazing eye!

I was lucky to have Mercy fitted in person by Debra too. When she was at the Equine Affaire in Socal I trailered Mercy to where Debra was staying after work. CRS are the best saddle's hands down and the customer service is great!
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up