verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: UGH....first colic in 8 years! **pictures added #4**  (Read 1213 times)

wakemom

Re: UGH....first colic in 8 years! **pictures added #4**
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 02:32:04 pm »

That mesh is nasty stuff. I picked Gabby's stall for over an hour with two of my friends the night I discovered it had been dumped in there. Your post was very timely in me knowing I was right in freaking out over it. I picked out an entire zip lock freezer bag of it in the subsequent days. I feel bad for the horses who's owners won't know about it til maybe it's too late.
Cheryl~Gabby's Mom

melissah

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 05:40:09 pm »

That mesh is nasty stuff. I picked Gabby's stall for over an hour with two of my friends the night I discovered it had been dumped in there. Your post was very timely in me knowing I was right in freaking out over it. I picked out an entire zip lock freezer bag of it in the subsequent days. I feel bad for the horses who's owners won't know about it til maybe it's too late.

They should have never chose the cheaper "dirty fill dirt" for horses stalls. Crazy!
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

kckc

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 05:43:34 pm »

here's what I wonder about - if wakemom's barn owner knows or has been made aware that stuff is in there they can be held liable for everything....  other than they should care about the horses not suffering they could really get hurt monetarily.   There'd be no limit to my anger if my horse got hurt there and I found out they knew there was stuff in the fill. 
NC

RackinRocky

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 09:42:25 pm »

Yeah, I've never had any of that green mesh stuff. I can see where a horse could easily ingest it, and since it's green, it looks yummy to them. I hope your camping trip goes well.

wakemom

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 11:14:01 am »

They don't care kckc...I mentioned it long ago, the first time it turned up and no one cared. They said "horses won't eat that". I beg to differ. There was so much wrong there I pulled Gabby last Monday. From weed killer, to "forgetting" to feed horses, to the dirty fill...I could not risk my horses life. If I brought anything up, I was considered the trouble maker. There was just so much that I can't even begin to explain here, and my friends (some of them former boarders now gone) don't know how I put up with it as long as I did. Mainly cuz I grabbed Gabby and left a lot.
Cheryl~Gabby's Mom

kckc

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 11:32:27 am »

you moved your horse?  Glad you put her first.   Hate the other people don't or don't realize the dangers.   How is your new place?
NC

wakemom

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 07:56:57 pm »

New place is great KcKc...
Cheryl~Gabby's Mom

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 04:54:10 am »

;)
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

ponymare

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 02:17:28 pm »

Glad Reggie has had no more ill effects from the mesh!  I would be so freaked out.  I never thought of what might be in stalls we use since ours are on pasture 24/7.  They are like wild brumbies at home, but I will be checking the stalls wherever we go now.  I always worry about stray hay twine popping up somewhere.  I hope you had a fun trip camping with your horses!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up