verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody used Clean Trax for white line disease?  (Read 967 times)

Suzanna

Anybody used Clean Trax for white line disease?
« on: April 09, 2015, 03:34:42 pm »

My farrier was out today and informed me that the flaky material around the white line area is WLD.  Its just on the sides of the hooves not in the toe area. (The sole is nice and hard.) I thought it was from being too wet because of the grass coming in and the dew every morning.  Anyway he said that I need to get some Clean Trax and soak the hooves.
Just wondering if anyone has used it for this and did it work?

Kellie in OR

Re: Anybody used Clean Trax for white line disease?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:00:41 pm »

White Lightening is the one I use to soak.

cruisinlight

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:30:05 pm »

I haven't used it, but I have heard it highly recommended--about equally with the White Lightning.

morrisranchtx

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 07:31:23 am »

I have.  You must use the special tall soaking boots.  Suggest tying the horse with a hay bag so they don't slosh it out.  I am a hoof care professional, and I had one of my clients tie her horse in the trailer with a hay bag to keep him still.  I suggest doing it immediately after a trim, repeat for two or three cycles.  Very effective.

Suzanna

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 12:40:48 pm »

Could not find any Clean Trax locally but did find some White Lightning.  Did the treatment on both the fronts as per the bottle instructions.  Hopefully it will work.  Will I need to do it again, if so how long?  Thanks everyone.

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 06:42:23 pm »

I figured out a really cool way to soak hooves today. I mixed up a jug of clean trax and realized it was easily twice as much as I needed for Babe's front feet. Rather than waste any - because it has to be used within 90 minutes - I decided to soak both Babe and Lacey's front feet. Problem was, I had 4 heavy plastic bags but only one soaking boot. (I like to put the soaking solution in a bag, then put the boot on to protect the bag.) So what I did was use the soaking bags with Simple hoof boots that were a size larger than the horse usually wears. The bagged foot went into the Simple boot much easier than when I use an actual soaking boot. I sealed off the bag tops with a couple wraps of vetrap. This worked so slick, it will be the way I soak feet from now on.

Suzanna

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 12:27:05 pm »

That's a great idea Stablemind.  I will keep that in mind if I can't find any more innertubes.  A vet showed me how to use them several years ago.  I just went to the local tire shop and asked for some used innertubes.  Cut them in half (make sure there are no holes) and slide over hoof, pour the liquid in and secure the top.  Works great.  And really cheap.  The guy said there was no charge but I gave him 5 bucks.    Have done a 2nd treatment so far.  Have to get another bottle to do a 3rd.

stablemind

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 12:48:54 pm »

I've heard of using inner tubes but never have any around. I never thought of going to a tire place for them...will definitely keep that in mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up