Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello....My name is.................  (Read 4096 times)

KT

Re: Hello....My name is.................
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2016, 10:38:25 am »

Hello All - I'm not sure how I obtained Newbie status as I've been here forever but that's ok...LOL  I'm Karen

I'm 50 something and live in Illinois - been around horses all my life but didn't start actively riding until about 17 years ago.  I've had an assortment of non-gaited horses and a few gaited but found a wonderful Mare in 2007 which I still have.  She is (now) a 16 yr Spotted Saddle mare. Sadly she experienced a stifle injury in September so she is recovering (hopefully) and cannot be ridden until probably sometime next spring.  She is my go anywhere do anything horse but has the fire to go whatever speed I want without being stupid about it!

My husband is retired and will be taking her over (even if all she can do is on the flat) and is happy to spoil her.

I'm now looking for another forever horse - sure is a interesting market out there.

We have 3 kids and 5 grandchildren that keep us busy as well.

Love this forum and have missed being active here.

NoBite

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2016, 04:39:05 pm »

Hello All - I'm not sure how I obtained Newbie status as I've been here forever but that's ok...LOL  I'm Karen

I'm 50 something and live in Illinois - been around horses all my life but didn't start actively riding until about 17 years ago.

Hi, Karen! Welcome (again). Where in IL do you live? My wife and I grew up in central IL, around the Decatur area. Moved to western KY in 1990.
We ride regularly in the Shawnee Forest. Maybe we'll cross trails sometime!
- Life is short. Ride your best horse.

John Maldaner, western Kentucky
Legs, MFT, 1999   Bandit, TWH, 2005   Smokey, TWH, 2010

KT

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2016, 05:38:02 pm »

Thanks!!
I'm in No IL almost to the WI border.

If I can find a good 2nd horse I plan on going to Shawnee next year. It is so beautiful there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up