verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone ever used this product "Reducine"  (Read 279 times)

Suzanna

Anyone ever used this product "Reducine"
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »

Long story short, my original farrier had to quit so had to get a new one, new one did not do a good job which left my horse lame being cut too short.   :(  Now the newest  farrier has been working out great also trying to get my horse balanced right.  One hoof wants to flare on one side and he has been dealing with that and suggested using this product on my horses coronary band to get faster hoof growth this time of year.  I looked it up and it is a counter irritant.  Which I think means putting it on the coronary band will increase the blood flow hence more growth?
Anyway just wondering if anyone has used it or knows anything about it.

Suz

kckc

Re: Anyone ever used this product "Reducine"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:30:19 pm »

wouldn't it be less harmful to feed biotin or something? 
NC

Suzanna

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 06:51:49 pm »

Yes, kckc I agree, but he is already on a hoof supplement.  The farrier just wanted to get it grown faster.
After doing the research about it I am skeptical.  But wondered  if anyone had used it.

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:04:11 pm »

Never have tried anything like that, and I share your skepticism--that sounds like something that somebody thought "sounds good", but there's so much more to hooves than just the walls.  Growing quality hooves takes time and good nutrition and the right kind of exercise. 
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Kellie in OR

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 07:56:13 pm »

Message from farrier husband: Don't, it is not worth the risk. It can increase hoof growth, but it can also blister. If your current hoof supplement is not working, change to a different one.

Suzanna

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:13:49 pm »

Message from farrier husband: Don't, it is not worth the risk. It can increase hoof growth, but it can also blister. If your current hoof supplement is not working, change to a different one.

That's what I was thinking with the research I did it sounded like it would burn, the farrier did not say anything about it doing that but I always like to check things out before using anything on my horse.

Thanks for the replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up