Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barn Camera  (Read 302 times)

Iceangel

Barn Camera
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:56:08 pm »

I am having bunion surgery in December and will be off my feet for 3 months.  I would like to be able to watch my horses.  What kind of camera would you suggest?  The horses are out 24/7 so I would put it near their hay feeders. If anyone has a used one they would be willing to sell that would be great too!

slicksrmh

Re: Barn Camera
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »

My friend uses a hunter's trail camera. It's motion activated and videos are stored on a sd card that you can watch on the PC.
He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots.
~Author Unknown

kckc

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:49:28 pm »

there are a couple of wildlife cameras that will generate video remotely to your computer.   do you have a straightline view to their area?  maybe a telescope ?
NC

oncidium

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »

You need like a foaling cam.  It needs to be a camera which can be on 24/7 with video streaming to your tv or pc.  You might want to check out mare stare and see what they use or suggest.  Maybe you DO want to hook up with mare stare then you can watch online any and all the time.

One word of warning about Mare Stare.  It is HORRIBLY addicting.  (in a good way) Ok, there, I have cautioned you.  I mean really, what in the name of chocolate is SO interesting about watching horses all day long, and night long?  I know . . .

I have a game cam, use it quite a bit.  It only takes moment in time video, or moment in time pictures for you to review later in time on your computer.

O

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should."   Acheron

"Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it anyway."   -  Caleb

Mona

• The Money Pit Ranch
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

Yep, what Oncidium said! ^^^
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare
"Ruby" - Bay Pinto KMH Mare

Iceangel

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 06:47:07 am »

It sounds like I want a foaling camera.  I will have nothing better to do but to sit and sit and watch my horses.  Someone out in the horse world must have one for sale.  I will check how much new ones are too. THANKS!!!

oncidium

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 07:45:33 am »

IceyA, there are many cameras systems out there.  You just need lots of cabling.  I have had a foaling camera on my dogs, and I ran the cable right across the ground to the house.  Not a big deal.

O

"The true power lies with you."  Nicolas

Iceangel

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 09:12:27 am »

Now I am looking into baby monitors.  It may work!

oncidium

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 04:46:19 pm »

You might be able to find an old VHS camera.  You could turn it on, point it to the voyeur'ee, then run the cable to the house, and to a tv.  It would be the video out to the video in on the tv.  Old tv may work also.  No need to record, just monitor.

Not sure it would work, might.

O

"For better or worse, our pasts and experiences are what define us. But, they don’t have to rule us." ~ Nero

Iceangel

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 10:08:10 am »

We have an old VHS camera.  I will maybe have hubby play with it.  I heard the baby monitors work great too.  The Summer baby monitors go to 600 feet.  I do wonder how they will hold up to our frigid cold weather though. It would be in a protected spot but the temps might be hard on the hardware.
Pages: [1]   Go Up