Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting ready to go CAMPING! Interior pix added 11-02-14  (Read 404 times)

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
Getting ready to go CAMPING! Interior pix added 11-02-14
« on: October 15, 2014, 04:35:26 pm »

We got our portable corral panels (finally) yesterday.  My dear husband knows how excited I've been and he'd promised that we would set them up for a "trial run".  Long story why it took so long, but here they are!
Yes, we set up in the driveway!  After waiting over a week to get our truck back from the mechanic (needed a new oil cooler, etc.), we hauled our "other" trailer out to the RV place to get some repair work done before we put it on the market, and it made a noise like a belt squealing.  So after we left the trailer, back to town and stopped by the mechanic, confident that it's "just a belt".  Well, no--turns out it's something else, so it will go back to the shop Monday.  GRRR.  Fingers crossed that it's something that wasn't put together right after he replaced the oil cooler, because it has NEVER made this noise before. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:03:25 am by loneelk »
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Walkin45

Re: Getting ready to go CAMPING!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »

They look nice!

melissah

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »

Awesome! Let the camping begin!
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 05:50:50 am »

So I'm in near freakout mode at this point--over the past 6 months, we've replaced our truck's tires (which probly shoulda been replaced long before now, but we weren't going anywhere but in town driving), had "air bag" suspension installed, took our truck in for a thorough going over on the computer & fixed what it found wrong.  All this in addition to routine maintenance, which is pretty spendy.  Last week we finally were able to get our truck in for analysis of the wrench light, and it took over a week to get that part replaced.  We picked it up from the mechanic mid-day Tuesday!  Yay, can finally take the big trailer out to RV repair guy for some repairs before we start posting it for sale.  In the first four miles, horrible squealing from under the hood.  Sounds like a belt.  We went ahead and finished our trip, then right back to the mechanic's shop.  Nope, not a belt.  Sound coming from the turbo.  So our new to us LQ trailer is pretty much ready to go.  We have on-board water & portable corrals for our horses--all we need to do is load food, water, and our clothes and we're ready to go.  Mechanic will check out our truck on Monday.  Fingers crossed that this is "fixable"--if not I guess we'll be "camping" in our back yard for real for awhile, because we really can't afford to replace this truck until we get the big trailer sold. 
This truck has been FINE since we bought it over 2 years ago, until recently.  Only needed routine maintenance, which we did every six months without fail.  Now I fear that we've reached the end of its usable life, unless it turns out that one more high dollar repair will actually fix it.  We can afford to do that better than trying to replace it.  GRRRRR!  Big deep breath, and I'm gonna spend some quality time with Skeeter today, to get my mind right again.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:25:00 am by loneelk »
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 05:25:00 am »

So yesterday we drove out to the RV place where big trailer is getting repairs, put a For Sale sign on it, and then went for a much needed "drive in the country" to look for likely possibilities for trail riding. 
Trying to stay optimistic that the "fix" for our hauling truck will be uncomplicated and affordable. 
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 11:24:53 am »

And sometimes horses really ARE the best medicine.  We enjoyed a short (just around here close by) trail ride this morning.  About an hour--but longest ride in quite some time and our boys did great! 
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: Getting ready to go CAMPING! Interior pix added 11-02-14
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 09:06:09 am »

Here are a few pix of our "forever" home away from home!  2007 Bison Trail Express.  About a 10' s/w, NO slide!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:15:54 am by loneelk »
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

loneelk

• Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: Getting ready to go CAMPING! Interior pix added 11-02-14
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »

So I didn't realize until just now that I never updated on this thread what happened w/ "Big Sugar".  Here's what I posted on my FB page!
"Happiness is----finding out that what we feared was a serious and potentially "fatal" (or at the very least very expensive) problem w/ the turbo in our 2005 Ford F-350 was only a metal gasket that needed to be tightened. We believe that we are blessed with the most amazing diesel mechanic in the entire civilized world. He is a "Ford man" and very aware of what can happen with the infamous 6.0, so each time it needs something, he is (wherever possible) doing fixes to avoid or minimize similar problems in the future.
 So rather than having a $5k expense to replace the turbo, or worse, having to figure out how to replace our beloved "Big Sugar", he fixed it at no charge to us at all!
 So it won't be long before we're "on the road again"! That little flurry you hear is me doin' a Happy Dance!"
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Pages: [1]   Go Up