verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Slow Feeder Hay Net 1-2 Flakes  (Read 960 times)

Mona

• The Money Pit Ranch
Re: Best Slow Feeder Hay Net 1-2 Flakes
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 10:33:36 am »

Really no need to do anything with the string.  They cannot get caught in it or anything, but yes, just tucking it inside will work fine if you want to do something with it.
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare
"Ruby" - Bay Pinto KMH Mare

JackieVA

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 03:11:08 am »

Jackie. you can either cram the drawstring inside the net or use it to hang the bale. For a while CC included a little stuff sack for the drawstring that you could stuff in the net once it was gathered up, then tuck the sack inside. Are you considering the regular slow feed net or the X-slow. Our full bale CC net is the smallest hole size and it works very well.

Good to hear these work well! Cyd, I am considering the regular slow feed net...I think. I've caught Duke kind of choking on soft hay lately. I think he globs on to the hay and eats it too fast. Hausti doesn't eat his hay fast like that. Need something to slow Duke down a bit and keep Hausti's figure ;).

For the model that is mounted, trying to figure out at which height. Both horses will share a stall to eat their hay, then they move into the other stall together. Don't want them too low for Duke but...oh wait, my mind just thought of this. I could mount them at Duke's head height; Hausti can eat at the bottom of the netting. Do you think that will work?

Hatcherdm

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 05:19:25 am »

I have been using "nag bags" from www.slowfeeder.com for my herd of 4 icelandics since last year. I use the bale size feeders (2)  out in their dry lot each day, and have the small size bags hanging in the stalls. I have 5 horses, and generally go through 1 bale every 24 hours for all of them. These bags are extremely durable, and have only had to repair one small hole in all this time. The Iceys and I play a game every day--I tie the bags to a post at ground level ( they are not shoed), and they work all day trying to untie the knots! Somedays I win, somedays they win! These are pricey bags, but very high quality and well worth the price.
Diane from New Freedom, Pa
home to 4 icelandics and 1 TWH

MyBoyG

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 06:38:03 am »

we installed a Tough 1 hay hoop a few weeks back and it's working very well. Easy install, easy fill, easy latching.  Our barnlord likes it so much she's getting two for her boys.  I got it through Claudia - she's ordering more tomorrow.  Check out pics here.
http://gaitedhorsesense.com/index.php?topic=2012.0

Horsemanship, the wonderful never ending journey of learning!   Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it.  Autograph your work with excellence.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up