Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: saddle racks, etc.  (Read 931 times)

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
Re: saddle racks, etc.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 11:57:15 am »

So now we're in panic mode.  The concrete guy who was supposed to be here yesterday morning @ 8 a.m., finally showed up @ 11:30, dropped off some supplies and left.  Promised he'd be back here first thing this morning.  At almost noon, he's a no call/no show, and not answering his phone.  So I have calls out all over town trying to find someone else who can get our pads poured--our buildings are being built, and to be delivered sometime after Aug. 7th.  GRRRR--I'm afraid that once again, my husband and I will end up doing our own concrete work--fortunately it will be covered up by the buildings, so no one can criticize our less than professional skills. :'(
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Linda Y

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 08:36:34 am »

I made the ones G84me did. I have them in the tack room and also on the font o the stalls. They 'fold' down so are never in the way. Easy, cheap and portable.

Pasolady

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 09:13:59 am »

My son built me a tack storage shed last year.  I got tired of my saddles being stored in the trailer and others in the house, we have more saddles than we need. lol  I went to the co-op and bought some wall mounted saddle racks, they weren't all that expensive and my son hung them for me.  I positioned one above and one below each other as seen in pics below.  My bridle hangers are decorative pieces I found at Lowes and never used so we found that they work fine for hanging my bridles, etc. on.

loneelk

• Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
    • Lone Elk's Lodge
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2014, 10:55:14 am »

We got in touch w/ the folks at the "building store" (seriously, where we're buying our buildings), because they've been in business for awhile, and are fairly long term local people, so we figured they could give us some leads, since our first two possibles were a no-go.  The guy they recommended came out that afternoon to take a look at our project, and has committed to be here Monday morning to start.  Has given us a reasonable estimate, and is well aware of our time frame, because the woman at the building store had already talked w/ him.  So we're feeling right again! 
Val & Gunner, hittin' the trails in southern NM
"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"--Joseph Campbell
www.bonanza.com/loneelk

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up