Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Adventures  (Read 227 times)

TnWalker14

Grand Adventures
« on: June 20, 2014, 07:54:29 pm »

Hello, brand new to this forum.  Really glad to find someplace to blather on about the ponies without boring friends and family to tears.  Currently have 7 Tn Walkers.... ages 13 years to almost 2 months old.  Between working, school, raising a family  and horses I stay busy.   I've recently started riding a 2 year old filly we raised from birth.  She is exciting so willing to please even though she is still pretty clueless.   Usually I ride my 13 year old trail mare but currently she is being mommy....so she gets a break.
Until next time .....

TnWalker14

Re: Grand Adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »

Oh my!!!  Today was AWESOME!!!! For about a year now I have been drooling over a Bighorn Infinity trail saddle. A couple weeks ago my hubby suggested I take our Billy Cook show saddle and a17 inch Simco saddle into our local tack store and trade for the saddle I've been wanting. Wednesday I brought home my beautiful saddle and field trial style n breast collar....it has been sitting in the living room ever since.  Today was the day to try it out!  I brought out the 3 year old Gobblin whom I've only ridden 2x.  Saddled up, it fit beautifully (he has high withers ) lunged him around a little since he has not been ridden in about a month.  Led him over to hubbies truck tail gate to get on and away we went!  He was perfect! Still a little rushy but listening well and I was happy with his gait!  The saddle rode like a dream, little sore in right calf from the fender not being turned and no dry spots under the saddle after taking it off!

TnWalker14

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:35:22 am »

I'm only allowing myself to ride on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can spend Monday-Wednesday-Friday studying... So today after helping Bre get her little mare saddled up and her riding around the yard.  I got RW ready, saddled (new saddle Yay) lunged RW to remind him we are business today not goofing off... He is 3 and this makes my third ride!  I have to mount from the tail gate of the old green truck and away we go.... After making a couple of rounds around the field, Birdie is acting good for Bre ... Away we go down the road about a 1/4 mile to the power line where we can ride over to our friends 80 acre field.  Going down the road no problem... however.... Rw does not like political signs in our neighbor's front yard... I think he might have stepped on her rose bush.  Once on the power line Rw rode like a dream!!!  Around the fields, through the woods, up to our friends barn to show off new saddle and back home again.  We rode about 2 hours.  I shall post pictures as soon as I get them re sized. 

TnWalker14

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:21:06 am »

this thing does not like me....

TnWalker14

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 01:24:19 am »

TnWalker14

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 01:26:10 am »

TnWalker14

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 01:27:08 am »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TnWalker14

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 11:17:04 pm »

I had an short session with our rehab horse amd I realized he has been worked a great deal tied down....he does not understand working on the lung line relaxed and moving out in easy gait.  He is only 2.... Lots of patience and personalized hands on attention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up