Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: De-Winterizing Horse trailer? How to?  (Read 2364 times)

ahmenti

De-Winterizing Horse trailer? How to?
« on: May 15, 2014, 06:30:16 am »

Can someone tell me what you do to get a camper ready that's been winterized?  Hubby and I bought this 2012 Exiss Living Quarter's trailer and we need to get it ready to go.  I know they put the antifreeze or whatever you call it in the pipes because the sink had some pink.  Can someone give me a step by step thing to do to get it ready?  We have it hooked up now to electric but have not done anything with the water.  Hubby sort of has an idea but I thought a nice list of how to would be helpful for him.

Thanks

Kim

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
Re: De-Winterizing Horse trailer? How to?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:41:22 am »

You'll need to check a few things first:

1.  Make sure the hot water heater drain has been put back in (you do this from the outside of your trailer), where the hot water heater exhausts.
2.  Make sure the hot water  heater bypass is turned off (our exiss has a button you push on the inside of the trailer where the hot water heater is, our Bison had 2 knobs you had to turn by the hot water heater.
3.  Make sure the water tank drain is turned back to the closed position.  Our bison had a drain right by the water tank.  Our Exiss has one by the water pump (it's a little button you push)

From there, put some water in your fresh water tank, turn your water pump on, and run the pink stuff out of your lines.  Your hot water heater is probably a 6 gallon one, so it'll take a couple minutes to build up enough pressure to push the pink stuff out.  You need to run it out of each faucet for cold & hot.  We don't worry about running it out of the toilet....just the kitchen & bathroom sinks and the shower.

Don't turn your hot water heater on for any of this.   When we fill the water tank (we've winterized and un-winterized for nearly every trip this spring), we turn off all the bypasses, fill the fresh water tank, then turn on the water pump so that the hot water heater fills, then top off the fresh water with another 6 gallons...then we're done. 
Karen

ahmenti

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:03:01 am »

Thanks Karen!  I am going to print this out and let hubby see it.  I'm sure after we do it we will think it's so easy but right now we are a nervous wreck!

Kim

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 08:19:37 am »

As you fill your water tank, look under the trailer to see if water is draining anywhere.  If it is, you missed a bypass, but other than that, you should be good to go.

Karen

Walkin45

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:58:24 am »

I don't by pass anything when Winterizing.  When I first started camping they didn't have bypasses.  Never learned now to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up