verify account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saddle racks  (Read 403 times)

Raylin

• "If you only knew what your horses thought of you!"
  • Global Moderator
Saddle racks
« on: May 14, 2014, 09:00:20 am »

I am looking for a saddle rack for my trailer tackroom.

My tackroom is 4' Currently we just have one folding saddle stand. Which does not work.

So I am looking for a 3-4 saddle rack. I have been looking online I need somethign sturdy. Joe & a buddy is planning on attaching it to one of the braces in the tackroom.

Links would be helpful.

We do have a 3 saddle rack that came from tractor Supply. But looking at other opitions.

Raylin

kckc

Re: Saddle racks
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:33:45 am »

no options to offer but I will tell you to look for something that keeps your saddles on while traveling.  the saddle rack that came in my trailer swings out which is super handy but I have to keep coming up with ways to tie the saddles to keep them on while traveling.   right now I am bunging them to keep them on.   very aggravating to arrive and find them fallen
NC

KysaSD

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:14:03 am »

You will have to measure for the rack that fits.  But if your trailer is built like my old one, here is how to keep it in place.  Get large hoe clamps and pass the end behind the structural bar of the trailer where there is a little triangular rib out.  That should leave a space about 3/8 inch to pass the hose clamp end through.  Then tighten the hose clamp.  This also makes it easy to remove.  You want at least one hose clamp for every saddle on the rack, and maybe one more at the bottom.
To keep saddles in place, carpeting works well.  Also you can tie scissor snaps to the back of the saddle rack with leather lacing, then snap that to the back center ring of your saddles.  Just remember to unclip before you try to remove the saddles.
Kysa, South Dakota, 2 Mountain Horses, a Curly Foxtrotter, a TWH and a Mini, yes, I am crazy!

kckc

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 10:30:47 am »

hose clamps?  what are those?  I have carpet on my racks, doesn't seem to stop them from sliding off.  I like the snaps idea but wonder if I'll be able to reach --
NC

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 11:18:35 am »

Raylin, I'm researching the same thing.  I think I'm going to order one of these:

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/566908-ddi-inc-3-tier-saddle-rack.html#.U3OlAigriqa

Looks sturdy, has gotten good reviews, and I'm betting I can zip tie it right to the slats or supports in the trailer.
Karen

oncidium

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 03:31:35 pm »

Mr. O made a tack box to go in my trailer.  It is a gooseneck, and the box/bench is at where you step up into the goose part.  Love this.  Why not make one out of wood.  It would be light weight and sturdy and is great for saddles. 

I have the one from TSC which I truly love.  But it does swing sideways, and I would be worried it would fall over.  Not sure how to secure it inside the tack room.  A wood one would be easy. 

You could also run a hefty piece of wood down the wall, and secure it.  Then use the wood ones (collapsible), with a hook.  You could put up or take down any time, and leave the vertical piece of wood there all the time. 

You could attach any one of these (these are examples):

http://www.doversaddlery.com/english-saddle-rack/p/X1-27559/?ids=qp3y4ilpj2cwvbkg0nvqzc2t

http://www.doversaddlery.com/collapsible-saddle-rack/p/X1-27103/?ids=qp3y4ilpj2cwvbkg0nvqzc2t

http://www.doversaddlery.com/saddle-rack-in-fun-colors/p/X1-2770/?ids=qp3y4ilpj2cwvbkg0nvqzc2t

Walkin45

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 05:17:49 am »

I have the 3 tier from tractor supply.  But that would not be good in trailer.

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 01:20:03 pm »

Our Pastor's hubby came out last night & him & Joe looked at the tackroom.  I think they have a plan & with Scott helping I know it will get done in a timely manner. :)

He is also making a rack for saddle pads.

Can not wait to have an organized trailer!!!!!!!!

Raylin

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 07:57:03 am »

Before and after pictures please....once it's done! 
Karen

Raylin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 08:17:29 am »

LOL Karen, you want a picture now with everything thrown everywhere? :/

I will get you a picture.

It will be nice to finally have something organized in my life :D

Raylin

Karen

• Woodland Brittanys
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 08:28:30 am »

The saddle rack in the new trailer isn't working for us.  It's just too hard to get the saddles in and out with the dogs there...and the saddles & pads SMELL, and since we leave the door open between the LQ and mid-tack, that means the whole trailer smells!

Our plan is to take the trailer's saddle rack out (it's removable), and get a 3 tier one, mount it on something like a furniture dolly, and then zip tie it to the swinging gate in the stud stall....and see where that takes us.  I figure we can do it for under $100, if it doesn't work out, we have a decent saddle rack for the garage during  the off season, and if it DOES work out, I have room for 9 dogs!!
Karen

Petey

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 09:16:07 am »

You can try: organizedbarn.com

I just ordered some stuff from them to get my trailer in shape. Hubby hung the racks yesterday so I can't wait to hang my hooks & baskets to organize my trailer!!!

kckc

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 10:03:29 am »

gosh I like those and that folding wheelbarrow is wonderful
NC
Pages: [1]   Go Up