Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firefox update messed up my computer!! HELP, PLEASE  (Read 267 times)

G84me

Firefox update messed up my computer!! HELP, PLEASE
« on: May 11, 2014, 06:36:01 pm »

I have been running the Firefox browser to avoid spam and viruses.  A couple days ago, (without a pre-notice, mind you) Firefox updated its browsers.  I think the sites are called plug-ins (where you start to type the name of a place you've been before and the address line completes it automatically..)   Whatever happened I can't get those sites up PROPERLY anymore.  They come up in text with a huge vertical line of blue text instead of showing the website...  AAAACCKKKK!  I can't do hardly anything any more..  Should I buy a new computer?  The tech guy I really trusted and used ALL the time, moved away and I don't know where he's gone.  I know there are folks here that are MUCH MORE computer-savvy than I am!  Can anyone help or tell me what I need to do???  GHS is my homepage, so nothing happened to it (THANK GOODNESS!!)

Joann
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding

melissah

Re: Firefox update messed up my computer!! HELP, PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 07:29:51 am »

You can do one of two things. I had a problem with my Google Chrome (Virus) so I uninstalled it and reinistalled. Now it works great. Or you can restore your computer to an earlier date. You have to watch for all those "updates" because most of those pop ups are attempts at malware insertion and they are very hard to get rid of.
Melissa, Southern California.....hitting the trails with Jex my Tennessee Walking Horse...soon.

ClaudiaIN

• CQ Equine Gifts.Facebook.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 08:27:28 am »

I've switched to Google Chrome also
see my website @ www.CQEquine.com

And on Facebook.   Www.Facebook.com/CQEquine

Mona

• The Money Pit Ranch
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 04:24:01 pm »

I use Firefox as well, and got that update.  I was not happy with the way they changed the looks of the tabs etc., but I don;t seem to be having the same problem as you.  Can you take a pic of it to show what you mean??  Maybe I can be of more help that way.
Morson, Ontario.  Canada

Home to:
"Cheyenne"
- Black Pinto SSH Mare
"Ruby" - Bay Pinto KMH Mare

G84me

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:21:31 am »

Miracle of all time....today the entire thing is working!  What a HUGE relief!!!

I had sent them an email telling them what the update had done to my system, but no one replied. 

Joann
- Joann
Central Ohio
Black Jack - STB gelding @ Rainbow Bridge 11/15
Lady - Tennessee Walker mare
Ebony - Tennessee Walker gelding
Pages: [1]   Go Up